I'm done stacking!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joesell

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've been stacking wood inside totes for the last couple years. I didn't have enough totes, so I needed to get as much into each one as I could. I would stack it tight and get them about 6' high. Stacking was the one thing that slowed the whole operation down.

I can across the mother load of totes yesterday, so I thought I would try something else. I lined up 3 totes side by side and scooped up bucket fulls with my skidder. After each dump I would shake the tote a little with the bucket. While it's not a tight stack like I'm used to, it looks pretty damn good! Now it takes under 10 min to fill 3 totes. All from the comfort of the seat. I wish I would've done it this way from the beginning.

I get em' from the plant I work at, and bulk roundup containers... "Bulk industrial Liquids are transported in them".
The supply is just real slow building is all...
I need a bunch of em'..

Can you fit a face cord in them if stacked?
They're 42" x 48" x48"... So sure, but if ya just toss em' in it's a whole lot faster, with air between them... And like joesell says, you can shake em' and I'll bet they'll hold 1/3 cord loose...

Them cookie's look delicious, Hedgerow!;)
Look good...
Taste bad...

I see some on cl by me for $35 could some hinges be welded on so one side could be opened? It would work good for loading a face cord in my truck for delivery.

Galvanized tubing, welded. When I used to stack, I would pile it 6' high. I could get over 1/2 a cord in each one. Even dumping in loose, it's easily over a face cord

I was getting them for about $25 each before. I just found my new hook up and the price can't be beat. FREE, as long as I can come get them asap. I told him, "that's no problem, I'll be right there." He has 60 right now, and more to come.

Galvanized tubing, welded. When I used to stack, I would pile it 6' high. I could get over 1/2 a cord in each one. Even dumping in loose, it's easily over a face cord

I was getting them for about $25 each before. I just found my new hook up and the price can't be beat. FREE, as long as I can come get them asap. I told him, "that's no problem, I'll be right there." He has 60 right now, and more to come.
Hey your close to me.. I'll give you $200 for 10

Tote box suckage!!!!!

Got my second load today. I was able to stack them a little tighter and we got 25 on this load!

Plus an added bonus. They had about 100 heavy duty rolling garbage cans that the city of Milwaukee uses. I scored 3 of them for the house. Let's see if my retarded garbage guy can trash these.

Back