I'm fed up with the ridiculous high price of Stihl, Husqvarna top handle saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my neck of the woods a nice complete rebuilt 200T runner is $400-500 depending on how new it looks, all day every day.
I have a really low hour clean one here that I have had on CL for $650 for more than a month, a couple of guys offered the standard $400 for it but left with a regular rebuilt 200T instead for $400.00.
I have a nice 201T low hours at the same price and nobody even offers on it :)
In truth my climber has always preferred the 200T over the 201T, but when his favorite low hour 200T died on us at the start of a day and we stopped and grabbed a new 201T he looked mad until he got in the tree and started cutting.
The newest revision is a cutter :) But it may be too late as it's rep is already established.
DDave

Maybe harbor freight will start carrying a cheap top-handle saw? [emoji57]

Honestly, if you're looking to cheap out on a piece of equipment that you work with on a daily basis, you'll surely regret it.
Just go spend the money on a new stihl or husky, and enjoy the fact that you've got a quality piece of equipment that comes with a warranty.

JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

try an echo. i've been using a pair of 360t's, with 12" bars, for years. you don't have to replace them every year like a 200/201t, and the mufflers don't fall off. i also have a husky 338t but i only use it if i want a 14" bar. it feels clumsy in my right hand. the echos feel like they're part of your hand. i did lose the cats on the echos. cats don't belong on chainsaws. be aware that the echo 303t is a gutless reed valve reincarnation of the cs3000t. the echo usa website shows the 360t for $300 and the 355t for $450.

try an echo. i've been using a pair of 360t's, with 12" bars, for years. you don't have to replace them every year like a 200/201t, and the mufflers don't fall off. i also have a husky 338t but i only use it if i want a 14" bar. it feels clumsy in my right hand. the echos feel like they're part of your hand. i did lose the cats on the echos. cats don't belong on chainsaws. be aware that the echo 303t is a gutless reed valve reincarnation of the cs3000t. the echo usa website shows the 360t for $300 and the 355t for $450.
Why is the 360 cheaper than the 355 I wonder?
Yes, I'm thinking about trying one today - a dealer friend of mine has one I can test.

I had a echo 330t for a while,,, I did not feel to safe about using it so I sold it,,, it was a little screamer and still in new condition,,,, I paid I believe 200 for it at the local pawn shop

I like the idea that the saws are expensive. It keeps a lot of wannabees from getting them;)
Op the above is not directed at you . My advice is get a low hour MS 200t or a couple of them, great saws.
I know ... I'm just annoyed after looking on ebay and seeing used ones for $700 :wtf:

I had a echo 330t for a while,,, I did not feel to safe about using it so I sold it,,, it was a little screamer and still in new condition,,,, I paid I believe 200 for it at the local pawn shop
I love pawn shops - wish we had them around here.

Yes, I'm thinking about trying one today - a dealer friend of mine has one I can test.

Just from what I have read on here the past few years, the 355 is a much better saw. I have no firsthand knowledge of either.

My tophandle is an old poulan s25cva, which is the strongest "small" saw I have run.

I know ... I'm just annoyed after looking on ebay and seeing used ones for $700 :wtf:
You can get one for three to four hundred dollar range. The used 201 T saws are out there at that price too. The carbs and mufflers go bad on them, the compression should be 160 or more. Do you have one now that needs repairs? Maybe that is a route you can go?

The 355T is a much better saw. Besides being a newer model, it's lighter, has more power, better balanced vs the 360T. No cat muffler.

here's a youtube vid of my echo cs 330t cutting cookies, first in ponderosa pine then in much denser pinon. it's for sale on craigslist. i replaced it with an 020t, one of the great top handle saws.

Latest posts

Back