I'm looking for a milling bar for an MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huge perhaps wasnt an accurate word. I havent spent much time doing timed cuts but i would say I was doing about 7" a minute with the dual heads in 48" of cut versus 5-6" per minute with a 42" bar in 33" of cut. It was a noticeable improvement in cutting rates and just how hard the saws were working. In other words I felt that the dual setup there was a more forgiving sweet spot for feed pressure etc.

That's about what I'd expect. Did you reprofile the rakers?
I would expect a raker angle of around 7-8º could be used on softwoods with that much HP in the cut.

bobl is always saying stuff like this. Makes me wish I didn't suck and sharpening. ;)
Yellowbeard, Buy a Granberg File-N-Joint, or the (12volt) Grind-N-Joint, and spend the time to learn to use it properly. You will keep equal length teeth and proper rakers, and say WOW

Well, here are the results of the bar search anyway... ;)

image32.jpg

I've had a couple pretty busy weeks, hosting my annual Memorial Day BBQ, and then going to DexterDay's GTG this past weekend. Another weekend or 2 and I'll have some pics. :)

Back