increase pressure on electric hydraulic pump???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FerrisDiesel

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all,
Trying to finish up my new wood hauler this weekend, got the flat bed mounted, the subframe attached to that and hooked up the piston and 12 volt electric hydraulic pump I got on ebay.........I hit the swicth and the piston pushed, but very slowly and not with alot of force. Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the pressure on these pumps?? It's a Fenner 12 volt pump.....looks like a starter motor, with a 2 gallon tank???
Is there an adjustment screw or something I can tweak??
Help!!!!

Pressure comes from resistance ... hydraulic pumps generate flow.

If this is a 2,000 PSI system and the relief is bypassing at something under ideal pressure then yes , the system can safely be adjusted to get it's full potential. If it's slow because the pump can only move xx GPM at xxxx PSI then ... what you got is ..what you get!

I only saw the unit online. Read that the pressure is adjustable to about 2500lbs. It looks like the adjusting screw is under the cap. Mark where it is at and make incremental changes. As Jeff said, this would give you more pressure but not more speed. A call to the dealer you bought it from could clear up any issues.

Back