Info on a Husqvarna 375xp chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldsawnut

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys, A friend told me he has a good running Husqvarna 375xp chainsaw for 50 bux. The only problem is he broke the chainbrake handle and says the clutch is not working right. Sounds like and easy fix but........ I can only find 375xp hotsaws not chainsaws. He is supposed to bring it in friday and I was going to base my purchase on the part cost and availability.
So tell me guys.. was there ever a 375xp chainsaw or did he just get the numbers mixed up. The only experience I have had with huskys is a 350 that had been sitting for 5 years and needed new gas... Still runs good and never had any real issues. So is there anything I should look for that is a common problem with this model. Also he said it was an early 90's model if that helps.
BTW: This is my first posting so let me know if I messed something up.

Thanks, John

Stihl 034
Homelite 924w
Homelite sxl925
Husky 350
Homelite vi123

He's confusing his numbers. The 371XP started in the mid 90's, evolving into the 372XP a few years later. This spawned the 375K chopsaw. Some of the recent releases of the 372XP full wrap, have come with reported 75cc chop saw jugs, but are still labeled as a 372.

It really doesn't matter what model it is though, a good running Husqvarna saw for $50 that only needs a brake handle and clutch, plus maybe some other minor items is well worth buying. Give your friend the $50, take the saw home and figure it out from there. It is easily worth considerably more than that.

Welcome to the site!

He could have intended to say 257xp, possibly the newer 357xp, or (though unlikely) he could have been referring to the current crop of 372xpw that Bailey's is selling and calling a 375 for various reasons. I'd guess the first choice is probably correct.

In any event, it is most likely a saw worth repairing and putting to use.

Welcome to the site..
I'm betting your friend ment 357 not 375. give me a P.M if you don't want it.

Thanks

Yea I thought something was fishy when I couldn't find any info on that model... So is there anything else I should look at when he brings it in... And who has the best prices for the chain cover/brake on a 371 if thats what it is.. Not sure if they had the 357's in the early 90's so I am hoping its a 371 at least

Back