Inherited a McCulloch Eager Beaver

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disturbednny

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

With my grandfathers passing, I inherited an Eager Beaver 14 from 1983. I'm trying to find a parts list / blow out diagram of this saw in case I need to perform any maintenance on it when trying to get it running. If there is one available, and if I need to replace anything on the saw where should I look for parts?

Thanks!

Thanks!

If I wanted to get a new bar and chain, what would I go with? Would I go with anything that would fit on a Mini MAC?

Thanks!

If I wanted to get a new bar and chain, what would I go with? Would I go with anything that would fit on a Mini MAC?
If you have a pretty cool stihl dealership around you may could take your saw in and see if the ms200t bar and chain fit. I was going to take my mini mac 110 in and test it cause it looked like it would and the drive teeth matched up but I found one on eBay for $20 for a 12" bar and chain so I got that before I did it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Here is an image of it:
2016-05-24.jpg

The model number that I can find on the saw is 600016R

That is a Mini Mac, 14" bar is pretty optimistic for that saw. If you need to replace the bar, consider a 10" or 12", the saw will like it better and you will find it is easier to handle.

No need to go to any Stihl dealer for something close, there are many bars available on e-Bay every day.

Mark

That is a Mini Mac, 14" bar is pretty optimistic for that saw. If you need to replace the bar, consider a 10" or 12", the saw will like it better and you will find it is easier to handle.

No need to go to any Stihl dealer for something close, there are many bars available on e-Bay every day.

Mark
Oh yeah definitely I went with 12" with mine don't know that it would really handle more than that, but I haven't cut anything with it yet.

I was thinking of going with a 12 inch bar, as I want to use it for limbing and small stuff. should I go with a small radius nose or sick with a larger radius nose? Also, looks like I might be able to use low profile chains on it. Should I go semi chisel or chamfer chisel?

The larger nose radius is more prone to kick back, but easier on the chain as it goes around. I am not sure you will find a lot of options for the MM bars, all will be pretty much the same profile.

I don't think you will find to many options for LoPro chain either, seems it is all semi-chisel. Your only variations will be with the anti-kick back protection (safety chain) like you have on the saw in the photo, or one with out the bumpers. I prefer no bumpers but do have a few saws with that chain since it was the only thing available at the time.

There may be some slight variation in the tooth shape, but it will all be semi-chisel. LoPro chain does indeed have a different chassis than standard 3/8" chain so in the long run you have to use sprockets designed for the LP version, no problem for the MM saws since they were only offered with 3/8LP or 1/4" pitch chain.

Mark

Ok, thanks for the info! I just want to make sure I understand oregon chains correctly. Is their whole 91 line low profile?

Best info I can find on mini mac 12 inch bars is 44 DL look up oregon s44 chains. I'm going to order one once I get my mac 110 running and make sure it fits

It lives!

I had to manually prime the carb, but once it started it kept going. one question I have. can I run echo 50:1 in it without destroying it? The manual says 40:1 but i dont want to have to keep two different mixes.

Ok. I mix at 50:1 with 93 octane for my echo and poulan, so i'll add this to the list of consumers of that mix as well. Thanks everyone for your help! I'll post pictures of it tonight, it seems pretty pristine for the age of the saw.

Back