Inside the "Triple Nickel"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, the 2260 is a bogger. It has a lean bog, even with the stock topend on it. Looks like I'll be needing a EL48 and a software update.
It surely does not have the stutter stumble revbust lean face splatter. lt only happens to a very small percentage of them...hardly noticable really...there nothin wong with them husky carbs....its operator error...did you read the manual's 'how to operate' section? l am kinda sad the nickel did'nt proove that 562's suck. In all honesty Bradley, thank you for doing this thread and having a go we just have to put this one in the R&D
dept.

Design patents!
Are you also going to argue that 2-mix and the spring av isn't also bought from husky?
Over here (UK) Stihl will quite happily tell you that it is rented, but they'll also point out that they own zama (but use walbro in the m-tronic carbs) and also the elastostart thing on the t540.

But thank you for the thread brad, we eventually got to the bit I wanted to see ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How about husqvarna using stihls compensator carb design , patents eventually expire and become fair game , 550 xps run a walbro aswell

How about husqvarna using stihls compensator carb design , patents eventually expire and become fair game , 550 xps run a walbro aswell
Read all my previous posts carefully, the 2 seem to be sharing a LOT of patents currently. The 555/560 556/562 use zama carbs.

The 550 is still on its first carb design whilst the 60cc saws are on their third! I think that just goes to show the reliability...

And yes, patents expire, but other people can't patent the exact same design shortly after. Global patents also last 10 years, so how have dolmar been able to use either design considering 2008 was the earliest patent I found?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright you smarties, what's the deal with the external transfers? Is it strictly an "ease of manufacturing" or does it have performance benefit?

Im sure this was glanced over with the exciting videos last page.

Back