Inside the "Triple Nickel"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also think it makes it easier/cheaper for them to de-tune a saw to meet another price point, i.e. the 555 and 365. Instead of having to develop and stock another P&C, they simply slap on different covers.

Could a guy with a CNC start milling aftermarket transfer covers for these saws out of alloy stock? Would seem to fill a gap if Husky does not sell them separately.

Philbert

Do they make it easier to modify transfers, by providing better access?

Philbert
Yes, that is also partly the idea too. R&D in Sweden watch the arborist forums all over the world, and porting is gaining in popularity, especially with the videos and images on how to do the improvements. The saw only needs to meet emissions laws until purchase.
In fact, I would go as far as saying brad probably helped the 201t improvements! After all, if the manufacturer can save a few million in R&D by watching what basic mods a porter has used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that is also partly the idea too. R&D in Sweden watch the arborist forums all over the world, and porting is gaining in popularity, especially with the videos and images on how to do the improvements. The saw only needs to meet emissions laws until purchase.
In fact, I would go as far as saying brad probably helped the 201t improvements! After all, if the manufacturer can save a few million in R&D by watching what basic mods a porter has used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still getting royalties from Stihl for my "Fuzzy Nipple Impulse Barb™.

Oddly enough, the checks are postmarked "Huskvarna, Sweden"....

From what I saw in the videos, none of them would want anything to do with this "Beater" saw. It's amazing just how unreal some of these 2 series saws are- (242xp, 254xp, 262xp, 288xp) Ive had a ported 562 and ported 359s, and of all the videos Ive seen of ported 562s and 2260s.... I havent seen one that is more impressive than a fingerported 262xp.

This saw is made of "unobtainium" and priced as "priceless" for all you fellow "Saw Vultures" :D

Attachments

• 262xp.jpg
    262xp.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 53
From what I saw in the videos, none of them would want anything to do with this "Beater" saw. It's amazing just how unreal some of these 2 series saws are- (242xp, 254xp, 262xp, 288xp) Ive had a ported 562 and ported 359s, and of all the videos Ive seen of ported 562s and 2260s.... I havent seen one that is more impressive than a fingerported 262xp.

This saw is made of "unobtainium" and priced as "priceless" for all you fellow "Saw Vultures" :D
You tell it brother!!!

It's worthless without a catchy name like Triple Nickel though.

Great talking with you yesterday Danny. You're gonna love that 262!
Same here,need to cut wood tomorrow but had a bad day at the fire sta. Yesterday my arm is killing me right now so I'm taking it easy today and tomorrow and eating pain pills

Could a guy with a CNC start milling aftermarket transfer covers for these saws out of alloy stock? Would seem to fill a gap if Husky does not sell them separately.

Philbert
I was thinking if it would be possible to make even larger ones and put them on the 560/562 line to see what would happen?

l downloaded the ipl/manual for the 555 560 562 series saws as l have a 555. As they essentially are the same saw its makes sense for husky to do this. lt was interesting to note that they recommended a max bar length of 24" on the 555/560 and a max of 28" on the 562. You would 'think' they would all would have the same max bar length.

small vrs large mount? bar availability?
I wouldnt want 24 on a 60cc saw. I like 18-20 for ported ones. run 24s on the 288 and 2188. and a 20 on the 395. 24 on the 655

24" on an ancient 2100,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PRICELESS!

251.JPG

Yup it has Carlton stencils, but it has Tsumura stamped on it too.

Thanks Baileys!

Back