Installing studs in new boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newforest

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got a package of studs for my new orange boots from Husqy.

The instructions have a little picture implying one should put drops of liquid on each stud site first. There is a mysterious cap above the drops. And no text.

What liquid is used for this? Water? Sealant? Blood? Sweat? Tears?

I presume H2O but have never had these before. Weird little picture.

Studs/Caulks/Corks/Calks; there doesn't seem to be any consistent terminology for these.

I had to buy a package of them from a lawn&garden type dealer, which was a struggle. I had to drive to the dealer and convince them to open their Husqy parts catalog and flip to the back. All while looking at it upside down, because it shows dealer cost. "But Husqvarna doesn't sell boots."

So I was concerned they left off some sort of sealant package

Or glue or something. Eventually I called TreeStuff.com and they helped me.

The wordless picture in the instructions is just meant to imply that the soles of the boots should be washed and clean before installing the caulks.

The boots were new and everything worked perfectly.

I would note I was nervous about buying one size up from my normal size, with no half sizes available where I bought my boots (they don't carry the caulks, just the boots, and I was leaving for a job). Anyway they had the liners to go with them and it all worked out great on the size for some nice warm boots.

I am glad I already had a boot jack however - these would not be fun to remove without that.

I will need a new pair of boots this summer and I am sure I will have more dumb questions for y'all then.

the proper spelling is caulks, pronounced corks, but to delineate the difference most folks spell it calks... or more qualoqualistically (sp?) the boots/shoes are caulks (pronounced corks), and the individual spikes calks

Studs is a new one on me

Latest posts

Back