Interesting encounter today...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the time yer typical person is 55+ they have had a lot of experience in haggling and just throw things out there regardless if they make are pertinent or even make sense all the while running through the great pre-exististing and ever growing labrynical flow chart which they have construed in their own minds to be viable and struggle to make it viable in reality. Actually, its no so much a struggle for them as it is for us.

WOW! Did I really say that? Hell, I am not even sure I know what I meant. No wonder people think I am strange. "Labrynical flow chart"? Wtf is that?

Yeah I hear the lower bid price all the time. I do no haul work. I climb dead wood, trim, and building clearance type of side work and went to check out a spread out silver maple needed a lower canopy raise, major dead wood and some thinning of canopy, 1 big lead removed and some clearance from a beautiful pin oak. I quoted 400 cash. They said whats the difference between you and the guys who said 150 bucks. I told them I dont know what they discussed for trimming but at that price it's probably only lower pole saw work. But I told em 400 sounds like alot so I'd choose the 150 dollhair quote too. I just said you get what you pay for and they said some limbs on the oak are coming off too. This was 3 weeks ago. Trim on oak this time of year? Not me unless it's storm damage or removal. I told em to call back the other guys for cheep

Back