Interesting milling style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skip through to ~23:10 mark.

I'm not sure I want to... the still image of the dude pushing the mill with one foot is scary enough for me, TYVM. Making the mill out of a plank and (what looks like) a couple of threaded rods is an... interesting choice.

/me watches anyway, just for laughs

Oh, that pushing-with-the-foot thing is what you were referring to. As the camerawoman says, "you have to be very, very aware of what you're doing". I think I'll stick with raising the log up to a comfortable height instead.

Accidents can happen, but with all the wood in that yard already milled, he's got it down to a science. I would love to do that and the area he's in looks incredible. I wonder how he gets the logs to that location in the first place, being that he's using a bar to move slabs and the log itself into the cutting area.

A style not readily adaptable by portly gentlemen such as myself. I do it the old fashioned way, but I put a sandwich at the end of the log for motivation.
Thats hysterical!!! I needed a good laugh Thanks

A style not readily adaptable by portly gentlemen such as myself. I do it the old fashioned way, but I put a sandwich at the end of the log for motivation.

Hmmm.... May have to try this technique with a beer. ;)

Surprisingly, that clip is one of the first to come up when you search out chainsaw milling and one of the first clips I saw. The best thing about it was that it eventually lead to this site.
As with any selection of information you need to sift through and find the useful stuff. The use of pre sized blocks to set the milling depth is an easy and useful time saving tool that I have used previously and really came in handy. The straddling of the mill looks like a time and money saving device one slip and no kids, time and money saved!

Back