Introducing Brand New Wood Furnace to Market - The Drolet Tundra!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any experience with snap disks but I'm thinking a limit switch is a better way to control the blower fan since the "on" and "off" can be adjusted independently of one another. Even the adjustable snap disks still have a set differential right? Snap disks are cheap compared to limit switches so I'm guessing that is the reason the tunderas have them..not because they are better.

The factory is set too high . It has to be blazing hot for it to tell the fan to come on and then the stupid thing kicks off too soon .very annoying . P IdeallyEach persons will be slightly different I set mine so the fan kicks on at around 107 degrees ( takes about 10 minutes with a warm unit) and it will generally stay on till the load is a coal bed about 10 h
Or so hrs later ( depending on conditions. ) I like the idea of it staying on longer it makes the tundra far better and increases circulation and comfort for us . When I first got mine it barely heated the house because of the ridiculous factory fan switch . Night and day improvement. As long as your wood is well seasoned and dry you shouldn't have an issue in my experience

They must have changed them out on newer units, the switch on my recently installed tundra turns the fan on rather quickly ( in fact with in 15minutes or less on a cold start)
and keeps it on most of the burn. The fan will stay on continously if the damper is open, it will cycle some with it closed. Seems like a good match to me.

The factory is set too high . It has to be blazing hot for it to tell the fan to come on and then the stupid thing kicks off too soon .very annoying . P IdeallyEach persons will be slightly different I set mine so the fan kicks on at around 107 degrees ( takes about 10 minutes with a warm unit) and it will generally stay on till the load is a coal bed about 10 h
Or so hrs later ( depending on conditions. ) I like the idea of it staying on longer it makes the tundra far better and increases circulation and comfort for us . When I first got mine it barely heated the house because of the ridiculous factory fan switch . Night and day improvement. As long as your wood is well seasoned and dry you shouldn't have an issue in my experience

You have a part number and manufacturer, pic is nice but need informationinformation

I just changed mine out for an adjustable one. But, when I pulled the stock one, it was labeled 120-10F. So, I'm assuming that they've started to put lower temp snap discs in from the factory? I thought someone said the stock ones were 140 or something higher.

I set my new one for 110 degrees to see where that'll get me. I can't tell much of a difference in those 10 degrees but the blower runs longer (which seems to me a good thing). I'm getting more heat per load of wood.

Tundra manual calls out a F110-20F ceramic thermodisc. I assume that means close at 110F and open at 90F - from a Tundra I just received in the last month.
It's seems to be about right for my install - perhaps earlier ones got different temp settings.

I just changed mine out for an adjustable one. But, when I pulled the stock one, it was labeled 120-10F. So, I'm assuming that they've started to put lower temp snap discs in from the factory? I thought someone said the stock ones were 140 or something higher.

I set my new one for 110 degrees to see where that'll get me. I can't tell much of a difference in those 10 degrees but the blower runs longer (which seems to me a good thing). I'm getting more heat per load of wood.

It's behind the square control housing on the top of the back of the unit. Takes two philip's head screws to remove and replace. Very easy to do.

Check my snap disk, it said 120_10 so I guess mind is 120 f closed and 110 open. Seem the difference is to little. Will look for one that is 120 to 100 or 90. Should just call the co and have them order one for me.

Just got my adjustable snap disk. I think since it had à 20 degree swing Im going go set it at 120 on. It should shut off at100.

Hi New to the site but I just ordered a tundra from menards and without knowing this forum existed I believe I made a great choice should be here in a week or so. Replacing an old Best furnace which eats wood like it was kindling. I was laid up for a couple of days and my wife had to feed the beast and then we went and bought one knowing it will save on wood right away. I want to thank all on here for the great info I have found and I am sure I will have more questions soon. Can I combine both 8" outputs to 1 8" ? I just pipe in from my garage into the studio through and 8" pipe. Complete building is 40x60 studio is 26x40 well insulated.:clap:

Sounds like sbi smartened up after reading arborist site and started putting the lower limit snap discs in these recently . People should try out the factory one before buying a replacement adjustable one . 120 on disc is not bad and far better than the other one they used to use

Latest posts

Back