Introducing the Stihl MS201TC - MTronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When doing the muffler mod on the 201tc, does anything else need to be done? Or does the saw correct itself automatically??

For the muffler mod are people just drilling a hole where the spark arrestor screen is?

How much bar oil should the 201tc mtronic use per tank of fuel? I have turned the adjuster screw up to max & it still only uses approx. 75ml per full tank of fuel.
Disclaimer: I am used to a consumer grade Craftsman/Poulan that uses at least 1/2 tank of oil for every fuel tank, lots of oil visible, no manual adjuster.

Also, how far should the oil feed adjuster screw turn from min to max, less than a quarter turn?

How much bar oil should the 201tc mtronic use per tank of fuel? I have turned the adjuster screw up to max & it still only uses approx. 75ml per full tank of fuel.
Disclaimer: I am used to a consumer grade Craftsman/Poulan that uses at least 1/2 tank of oil for every fuel tank, lots of oil visible, no manual adjuster.

Also, how far should the oil feed adjuster screw turn from min to max, less than a quarter turn?

Never received any answers/opinions on this, have to quote myself, lol, anyone?

Does your bar show signs of overheating? I leave my adjuster at the midway point ... yes, about 1/4 turn min. to max.

One reason you may not have gotten a reply is that folks often "unsubscribe" from a thread that no longer interests them ... or the discussion began going down a different path.

Does your bar show signs of overheating? I leave my adjuster at the midway point ... yes, about 1/4 turn min. to max.

One reason you may not have gotten a reply is that folks often "unsubscribe" from a thread that no longer interests them ... or the discussion began going down a different path.

Hoowasat: My bar looks shiny & new, it just seemed like too little oil from my previous albeit limited experience. I just needed independent confirmation, Thank You!

holy thread revival... lol. My local dealer just got their first M-tronic 201TC in today.
They finally sold the first standard carb one thats been sitting there in the same slot, ever since I first saw it put there in 2016.
I wish I'd known there was an interest in the standard version. last I checked there's still two non M-tronic 201t saws sitting at that dealer. Never been used, or even started yet.
I think he's given up on them ever selling, as he ordered a decent sized batch of M-tronics recently. I know 3 of those saws are already spoken for.

Latest posts

Back