Iowa 2015 Fall GTG (October 17, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be good to see everyone . What time do the festivities start Friday Afternoon?
I'll be off all day Thursday and Friday so... Whenever people get here. Mike and Shaun were coming down Friday to help with some stuff... [emoji106]

If I know Jim, he'll be here mid morning or afternoon Friday as well. Sounds like he's been hitting the library's computer to keep up to date with us.

I plan to have a Friday night bonfire, and hoskey's are bringing the deep fryers so we'll be having anything you can bread and drop in! [emoji43]

Anyone is more than welcome to pop in Thursday afternoon or evening to set the camper up and poke around. Be careful though, if you come early I might put you to work! [emoji4]

So in short I believe most will be arriving Friday 4pm-10pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did someone say we needed a giant beer pong table to play 8 way beer pong???

bcefd21de5097bf187a8aebd4ddd0cab.jpg

Plan on bringing PB cookies. Chocolate brownies for Jim. Pumpkin bread and Tastefully Simple apple cake.

Still not sure about which splitters.
I found a couple dead elms for you. Harder that snot to cut even with a fresh chain and the 6800i. Thought you said someone wanted to see the super split do some elm...??? Either way I have a pile of wood up by the shop for splitter fun/testing. Plenty of shorter stuff out by the log deck too.

Yea!!! PB cookies... Thank Marcy in advance for me!

Mike made the suggestion that I should just get pizza's for lunch Saturday which makes a lot more sense on time savings and not having to cook. I'll probably just send the wife out for those. Dang, I will miss the ham balls though. [emoji26]

Yes I will take some. They work well in the mailbox, keep bugs out

Dougs parking space for the touring bus... Wait I meant mansion on wheels... Wait... RV... Yea that's what i meant, RV... [emoji12]

04f647d222caded094030c6a103d9b52.jpg

Shop area looking good and bonfire ready for Friday night.

68b9dafab1811ba06028e8ec680023bb.jpg

Dad had fun surfing on the beer pong table, wait I meant chainsaw assembly table. If someone brings a generator it would probably be good to grind the edges smooth so no one cuts themselves or tears up clothing on the jagged edges. Especially with young ones around...
a5c8e824a1e58d04620ab860244909d4.jpg

Log deck looking good too.

18121400afeca8b165df507a601664cc.jpg

Gotta trim the driveway trees to clear the campers and re-clean the shop... Can't wait to see ya'll!!!

[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

So we are going to eat pizza instead of going to the Church for lunch??

Looking good at the homestead Nate! Cleanest I have seen it!
Yes as good as the church food is... By the time we drive there, eat, and drive back we'll be loosing some serious time. Especially since we can do door prizes while we stuff our faces. Plus, the wife will actually agree to go fetch pizza instead of cook! Win win, except it won't be ham balls. [emoji17]

Been cleaning and mowing and cleaning the last 3 weeks! It's feeling really good right now!

1. Me the host + my redhead
2. Clint
3. Mike
4. Shaun
5. Doug
6. Chet + Brenda (?)
7. Mark Hoskey + (?)
8. Ron Hoskey + (?)
9. Lurch2
10. TALLGUY 3 dz farm eggs
11. struggle