Iowa 2015 Fall GTG (October 17, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I've been asked several times about race cants and if we are doing a race(s). I was thinking about doing something easy if we do... Like husky 55 build off or 50cc/60cc build off?

We can always do the "run wut ya brung - $1" races...

Any thoughts?
I just happen to to have one of those on the bench.
Waitin for parts.
Its really clean not faded,bearings were rusty and ring was stuck.

I just happen to to have one of those on the bench.
Waitin for parts.
Its really clean not faded,bearings were rusty and ring was stuck.

Yep, I have 2 sitting on the shop floor and thought it would be a cheap/fun build...

Better be careful though, Mike might get all handy and install a 262-268 top end under the hood of a 55 and smoke us all!

Yep, I have 2 sitting on the shop floor and thought it would be a cheap/fun build...

Better be careful though, Mike might get all handy and install a 262-268 top end under the hood of a 55 and smoke us all!
Just make him use a full skip chain, and everyone else can run full comp!! :D

I was thinking the same thing. I have it on the calendar. Shane and I have talked about the trip. He has a new xl-15 will see if he can get it done to bring. I have a 372xp I need to put together sitting under the bench. Been working on a contractor's cut off saws. Have a wacker jumping jack I just finished fixing. I wish you were closer I'd bring it over to do some testing on your driveway.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Received the messages Steve, if you still have any of the stuff in October we can make some business.

Mark
Mark, I fixed a PM 610 last week. That saw now runs like a bandit. Owner had trouble starting it because the trigger lock would not hold a fast idle. I repaired it with shop-made parts. Piece of cake for me. I broke my all-time record and fixed five Mac saws this year that were all dead. Now they are all alive.

Miss you guys. I may have to cancel my vacation trip that week in October and head for Steve's place instead, especially if Ronaldo and Tall Guy can also get there again.

Nathan said he gets called Steve alot on here. Hence the black dog name on the other place.

I try to keep it pretty straightforward.

If someone were to call me something other than Jon, I would be inclined to chalk it up to a low literacy rate in their home State.

Everyone I meet in person. They look up and seem to to know my screen name. I don't get it?

Back