Iowa 2015 Fall GTG (October 17, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, there was a guy a met two years ago at the Iowas GTG named Steve. I liked him. He liked the 084 I brought along with a 36" bar and 404 chain. I did like the way Nathan tuned up my 290 as best as he could, dog that it still is. I'd like to see an 046 or a 460 blow away my Makita 6401 Big Bore. I can't find one around here that can do it.

Mark, I fixed a PM 610 last week. That saw now runs like a bandit. Owner had trouble starting it because the trigger lock would not hold a fast idle. I repaired it with shop-made parts. Piece of cake for me. I broke my all-time record and fixed five Mac saws this year that were all dead. Now they are all alive.

Miss you guys. I may have to cancel my vacation trip that week in October and head for nathan's place instead, especially if Ronaldo and Tall Guy can also get there again.

Fixed that for you... I shouldn't have used my first initial (N) and last name (Stueve) as a screen name... [emoji47]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3e9d16291e4a4ec464b4d703fc308fc6.jpg
0745bb30a55adfeb81da96a874ad073d.jpg
77e8d2ebe3d4a845b9dd1229bc47d5ec.jpg
256b7cfe64156e546bc7f9442aa7e809.jpg
. Ronaldo, homelite410, stihlx8 and myself helped Nathan out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got the tank ready to go into hole Friday between rain showers.
Put it into hole rite away sat morn,mortar was to show up at 9:30,it did,we were ready!
Stihlx8 was in the trackhoe,I was in the bobcat,Ron and Mike did most of the weldin.
Nathan was runnin around gettin stuff doin whatever he could to help us out,and supervisin.
All went well and nobody got hurt!!!

I really cant stress how awesome Mark, Ron, Mike, and Nate are!!!! There is no way I would have gotten this to flow so smoothly and get everything done in one weekend without them! All four guys were super hard working all weekend from dusk till dawn. Erica and I can't express the relief we feel seeing that thing in the hole and so close to completion! I don't think this thing is going anywhere for 50 years and I don't want to be the poor sap that will have to replace it as hefty as we made this thing.

Just so everyone knows what they are looking at that is a old 1/4" thick underground fuel barrel with 1/4" thick wings on the sides and 2"x2" 1/4 thick angle iron for support. Back filled the sides with "pit-run" (which is big limestone boulders of various sizes), and 2 cement trucks (16yds) of mortar mix (watered down cement without gravel in it). Mortar mix fills in all the cracks and crevices to make a water tight seal from the tube to the ditch, helps provide weight to keep it in place and support for the tube to keep it round.

Just gotta throw some dirt on top and pack it down and we'll be ready to go!

Latest posts

Back