Iowa Charity Cut -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We are having a another charity cut Oct 11 2014(II) Edit( Spring May 15- 16th 2015)(III). Hope you can come help. Plenty of wood and food!

Edit We are turning this into a Iowa Fall GTG and Charity Cut. Come cut and split wood or just BS and swap equipment. Plus Pie!

This is the video of our the start of our first Charity Cut. The camera ran out of memory or I would have more footage.

Hope ill be there more than 1/2 a day this time!

Will the charity cut trailer be there again or are we going to use the new log cutting stands?

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one. I'm "on call" at work that weekend.
Nuts!!!!

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one. I'm "on call" at work that weekend.
Nuts!!!!
Bummer, Steve! You and Goldie will be missed! ...along with the potato salad and brownies! HAHAH!!! :) No, just kidding. You guys were a lot of fun to visit with. NEXT TIME! :)

Got it on my calendar, and have the weekend reserved! Will bring my hydraulic splitter behind the camper (yea I rough it!) and looking forward to chewing through some wood!!

Doug, be sure to clear your memory card and have the battery charged up. I love that video of the previous charity cut! Too bad I was busy that weekend and couldn't make it.

We delivered a load of wood today to Knoxville. We've got another client to deliver to next weekend also. Thanks for all your help you guys! :)

Was it figured out how many cord was cut at the last Charity cut you guys had? If it was I missed it.

I will have to go out later this week and get a final count. It is all stacked on pallets and put in a separate area in the back of the acreage and barn. I would guess about 15 cord. I have been getting some very nice oak for the fall cut. Last week I scored about 50k lbs of oak. Some is a bit big to handle by hand. 40 to 52 inches in diameter. So if you have a big saw I have some large logs to cut. I think Alex liked breaking down the big stuff with the splitter on the mini.

A little under two months until the next Charity Cut in Waukee. Hope lots of you guys/gals can make it!

I will have to go out later this week and get a final count. It is all stacked on pallets and put in a separate area in the back of the acreage and barn. I would guess about 15 cord. I have been getting some very nice oak for the fall cut. Last week I scored about 50k lbs of oak. Some is a bit big to handle by hand. 40 to 52 inches in diameter. So if you have a big saw I have some large logs to cut. I think Alex liked breaking down the big stuff with the splitter on the mini.

So did I and I have a little more counter balance then him.

So did I and I have a little more counter balance then him.
Are you calling Alex small, or yourself fat?

This charity cut might serve as a mini fall gtg for us iowa people...? I'm by no means suggesting that this become a full GTG, but rather just give us a chance to see some of the other iowa/midwest faces we usually see in the fall. I don't know if I'll be having one this year since we are going to WKY on 9/26-9/27. I'll be another rotation around the sun older shortly after this cut so I'm coming to have some fun! :)

This charity cut might serve as a mini fall gtg for us iowa people...? I'm by no means suggesting that this become a full GTG, but rather just give us a chance to see some of the other iowa/midwest faces we usually see in the fall. I don't know if I'll be having one this year since we are going to WKY on 9/26-9/27. I'll be another rotation around the sun older shortly after this cut so I'm coming to have some fun! :)

Just saying I'm bigger... and that mini needs more counter balance.

Just saying I'm bigger... and that mini needs more counter balance.

Heck it needed Nate and Me on it with a couple of pieces I split Once I thought I was on a mechanical bull.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Not really but sounded fun.

Do you need some wood handling equipment? Skid loader, excavator, splitter or dump trailer? Trying to schedule a day off work. Spring cut looked like bunch of fun.:clap::)

Back