Iowa Charity Cut -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I wanted to use that it would be don't by now. I can't keep it stocked when I'm on the road 2-3 days a week and the wife refuses to help keep it stocked.

Looks like it works pretty well. Although you still have to stack ot once. You're the man. Sure you got enough for the winter? Just say the word, mini GTG! GO Doug

Looks like it works pretty well. Although you still have to stack ot once. You're the man. Sure you got enough for the winter? Just say the word, mini GTG! GO Doug
Still lots of wood in the pile. Finally got some more empty pallet so I can get to stacking.

ce9d44ef08d972d2b1f9a236a2053ed9.jpg

b77daaf2563a7992eae4fe56498122d5.jpg

Loving this cooler weather!

She will when she gets cold.:):).LOLOL
The hell you say... My wife would just go turn on the LP furnace. And even if I shut the LP off the wife would turn it back on or hire someone to do so... She has no love for wood heat. I'm thinking that Dahl might be the better choice to sprayfoam and stick in back of garage. 250gal is a lot of capacity to heat the house!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a154dbc1c816f08734972b85dfd5fc7b.jpg

e138428327b6e53d6b6ed6a78384eb99.jpg

Above are the heat controls for the air and jacket temp. I'm thinking I can convert to a central aqua stat somehow...????

It would be an easy sell on wood heat if we had a electric furnace b/c then she would see smaller checks coming from her pocket every month and a warmer house.

a154dbc1c816f08734972b85dfd5fc7b.jpg

e138428327b6e53d6b6ed6a78384eb99.jpg

Above are the heat controls for the air and jacket temp. I'm thinking I can convert to a central aqua stat somehow...????

It would be an easy sell on wood heat if we had a electric furnace b/c then she would see smaller checks coming from her pocket every month and a warmer house.

That solenoid for damper has had better days!

That solenoid for damper has had better days!
yep... it has had better days.

Doug is that how the gasifiers are set up for a damper system or are they set up with a force draft fan?

The biggest problem with this old boiler is that the exhaust is run directly into the burn chamber... IE lots of energy strait out the stack. I am going to try and get some plates fabbed up to put a blocker plate in like the Central boilers. Seems like most designs I have seen are running some sort of indirect exhaust to try and capture as much heat as possible.

yep... it has had better days.

Doug is that how the gasifiers are set up for a damper system or are they set up with a force draft fan?

The biggest problem with this old boiler is that the exhaust is run directly into the burn chamber... IE lots of energy strait out the stack. I am going to try and get some plates fabbed up to put a blocker plate in like the Central boilers. Seems like most designs I have seen are running some sort of indirect exhaust to try and capture as much heat as possible.

To keep it easy NO draft on gasser. My gasser has a fan then three solinoids to direct forced air to three different areas. Primary chamber secondary chamber high and low. Smaller gasification boiler have primary and secondary burn chambers requiring forced air. The exhaust is open but solenoids close off fresh air and turn off the forced air fan.

The secondary chamber, I think of using a leaf blower to burn a pile of logs. It gets really hot once going.

These old boilers just open the inlet fresh air and draft the air.

Yea I was figuring the 6048 central was a natural draft and not forced. I was actually surprised this old Dahl was set up with a solenoid. I will look at the 6048 and see how it's set up. I have to think that an aquastat would be used. I might have a new solenoid from the extra spare parts around here. I'm just wondering what the parts and wiring look like on a central vs this old Dahl. This Dahl looks like it uses an external heat sensor of some sort to read jacket temp and then relays that to the solenoid to open and close the air damper. Have to believe a aquastat is more accurate way to control air.

External temp sensor of some sort? And my dad was using a thermostatic switch/button like seen in the back of pic on side of boiler. He was using it to turn on and off the cage fan on that old double 55gal barrel stove I used the first winter we were here.

a1c08c7a4beac8f3387e2b9f97851564.jpg

Back