Iowa Charity Cut -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I know... Wouldn't know where to get those type of parts anymore. Another good reason to convert to a standard central boiler set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut a load today on the ground.

I NEED a cutting table. The charity cut ruined me. Lol

d6484302fae18e745632cf2af0adae25.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Did you get your 281/288 going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't done any thing more to it.
Moved this summer and all the upheaval that goes with that I haven't taken the time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It was a busy weekend. Delivered a total 7 loads of split wood Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. People were so happy we received some much appreciated hugs. Still working on the big mountain of wood. Getting light so late in the mornings I started stacking by the headlamp and Toolcat lights. Remember next weekend is end of Day light savings. Fall your clocks back one hour.

Good to hear Doug! How many cord have you counted up so far?

DST......bleh.....I'm not ready for what's coming. Too much stuff to do and not enough time!
Right there with you. Get the roof on yet?

I'm getting boilers insulated this weekend. Hopefully find the time to hook one up this winter. Seemed like the little boiler did pretty well at the GTG. Going to put the larger diameter and longer piece of stack on it to prevent back draft. I was thinking about putting in a "Y" so I could use the fan attached to the wall for forced draft... That way I would only be using outside air to draft. Less heat loss and if it does back draft through the "Y" it still vents outside. Thoughts?

Right there with you. Get the roof on yet?

I'm getting boilers insulated this weekend. Hopefully find the time to hook one up this winter. Seemed like the little boiler did pretty well at the GTG. Going to put the larger diameter and longer piece of stack on it to prevent back draft. I was thinking about putting in a "Y" so I could use the fan attached to the wall for forced draft... That way I would only be using outside air to draft. Less heat loss and if it does back draft through the "Y" it still vents outside. Thoughts?

Not quite. Got half of it on yesterday after I got home from work. I'm hoping to get the other half on when I get home today, and maybe the end pieces and roof cap before tomorrows rain, but will see. I'm plucking away at it though.
camera-p.jpg

Good to hear Doug! How many cord have you counted up so far?

DST......bleh.....I'm not ready for what's coming. Too much stuff to do and not enough time!
I lost count at 35. Will need to ask Mrs samtip for a delivery count and then add up the pallets in field. Think we delivered 11 this fall. With the big rounds that I finished splitting total is maybe 65 cord.

I lost count at 35. Will need to ask Mrs samtip for a delivery count and then add up the pallets in field. Think we delivered 11 this fall. With the big rounds that I finished splitting total is maybe 65 cord.
Awesome! Hope everyone is able to stay nice and warm this winter...........and use up the wood, so we can cut and split more next year!! :chop:

Here is an email we received from one of our Firewood Helper clients today!

"Thanks again, Marcy. (I’m sorry I didn’t catch your equally kind and generous husband’s name.) I just wanted to tell you again how much I appreciate your great gift of heating wood. I culled out some right-sized sticks and started burning them a couple days ago. Your wood is just the best! Able-bodied friends are organizing to come help me stack the wood better between the pine trees and move some to the house, porch and woodbox faster (I only have the use of one arm) and render too-large sticks into pieces my short, small fireplace box (originally designed to burn coal) can accommodate. What a wealth of wonderful wood to work with! I can’t tell you how grateful I am to you for this boon. Bless you both. You have hearts as warm as my parlor when I’m burning a fire with your excellent wood."

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE who helps make this program possible!!! You are all great folks & we appreciate how selflessly you give your time & talents to help others!

Back