Iowa Charity Cut -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for passing that letter on, Marcy! Great to hear thankfulness and appreciation....helps to confirm the need for something like this program.
To think that something we all enjoy doing, is helping people like this warms us as well. Blessings to you and Doug for organizing, storing, stacking, delivering and all that both of you do!!!!!

Now if I could just get rid of about 3 trees worth of silver maple logs on the back hill. Probably getting moldy after a year of being there. ;)

Another delivery tonight! The family was in awe of how much firewood they got & happy the pieces weren't too big for our elderly client to handle. You Firewood Helpers are the BEST!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

That charity cut was the most fun I had this year. Looking forward to next year! Trying to talk my wife in to attending next year.

We delivered a truck load of wood last night & today we got this email:

"I can not find the words to describe how greatful I feel for your generosity! !!!!!!! It took my daughter and 3 grandchildren (fully grown grandchildren) to stack all the wood . I had no idea you would bring so much .!!! May God Bless you and all involved for having such huge hearts !!! You are in my prayers ! I can't thank you enough !! Thank you for the many warm fires to help cut down on my heating bills this winter ."

You ALL are making a difference. Thank you.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Firewood Helpers.

The last of the wood pile. Still have 25 30 ish stacked loads ready to load. Been delivering average of 4 loads a week.

94755c8bc5dbf98e012ab2fc312771a9.jpg

If it keeps raining the logs I have stored will float away. Been to busy and muddy to go count the wood I have stacked. Trying to get a good supply of 10 to 14" logs. But still have plenty of bigger stuff.

Idea for food. Thinking of smoking a few turkeys on some Traeger grills. But might make everyone sleepy. Plus we tried making Vic's taco soup Wow it is so good.

I did make more room for cutting/parking. I had the trees to the north thinned. Only about 10 of the overgrown oak trees left.

Whats taco soap? Soup maybe. Lol

From the Hills
Whats taco soap? Soup maybe. Lol

From the Hills

Taco soup is a creation from Vic Hyman. Marcy got it from him on Facebook. So good!

Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker or a stockpot. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours or simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in a pot on the stove. To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions and jalapenos.

Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/taco-soup-recipe.html?oc=linkback

73e3954c9999b44d4953e8b70bafb7f8.jpg

Back