Iowa Charity Cut -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone. Wanted to put this out there. We are thinking of May 16th 2015 for our next charity cut. The wood pile is no more. But we still have 11 stacked pallets/loads from the fall charity cut and going fast. Hoping to get a head start on afternoon of May 15th. May is a hard month to plan around. Mothers day and Memorial day are both in May and then there is spring planting season for the farmers.

Not enough good wood built up. I do have a few nice Locust logs saved. Will be getting lots of Ash trees in the near future. Stu and Matt (Xtreme Tree) did some big willows this week. From what I read willow is junk for firewood. So I passed on the willows. \

The house we delivered to on Wed was out of wood and was burning 2 x 4 lumber from a demolition.

Thanks for the heads up. Knowing early helps with planning some of us need to do with work concerns. Cant wait.

Not enough good wood built up. I do have a few nice Locust logs saved. Will be getting lots of Ash trees in the near future. Stu and Matt (Xtreme Tree) did some big willows this week. From what I read willow is junk for firewood. So I passed on the willows.

There is no doubt Willow is very low in desirability for firewood. We tried burning some one winter and it did not go well. I now have a outdoor boiler so I am going to cut some Willow this spring and see how it burns next year. The last two nights I have been calling around looking for places to cut and I am striking out. There is some up around Cedar Rapids but it is all small stuff

There is so many folks here with outside boilers that the wood will get scarce. The neighbor just cleared a small ditch. There was enough timber in it to last me 5 years but they just piled it and burned it

There is so many folks here with outside boilers that the wood will get scarce. The neighbor just cleared a small ditch. There was enough timber in it to last me 5 years but they just piled it and burned it

I hate a blatant misuse of good firewood. They do that all the time on highway projects, they just pile it up and let it rot. There are a few fresh piles about 1/2 mile north on Highway 1 from I-80. They are working on a new road for the commercial area back there and they cut it straight through a forest.

dont that just snarl your hair???? before wood burning, who cared?? but now, hate to see waste!!!!!!

I hate a blatant misuse of good firewood. They do that all the time on highway projects, they just pile it up and let it rot. There are a few fresh piles about 1/2 mile north on Highway 1 from I-80. They are working on a new road for the commercial area back there and they cut it straight through a forest.
yeah, and thru that forest, would have been some primo wood.............................:dizzy::dizzy:

No respect for trees. Waste not, want not. That happens around here to. No value put on natures fine work.

dont that just snarl your hair???? before wood burning, who cared?? but now, hate to see waste!!!!!!

Yes it does. These folks are good hard working farmers that still do things the old way like I do. For some reason none of them heat with wood and that is about 5 homesteads. They do spend the winter cutting hedge and selling posts

I got it on my calendar! I'm not going to miss the Spring one this time (I had plans in place last year). All the fun I had at the Fall Charity cut, I can't wait! Come'on May 16th!

If things work out Doug, I'll more then likely be down the 15th, if you have room for the fiberglass tent again. I'll burn some vacation time if I have to.

For anyone that hasn't been to one of these, you don't know what you are missing. Good food, good people, good time, great cause, it doesn't get much better! I'll be sure to get more video this time.

:popcorn2: This isn't the best timing as I was hoping to head out to WV with the sxs for a week but I will do my best to be there. Is there room for a small camper?

Back