Iowa Charity Cut -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hauling in the logs. Some very nice american red elm. Plus some hard maple and walnut.

5915271b862151bcd64e7256c1e9976d.jpg

Another load later today.

tappa talk samsung note 2

Lawns not so good. Stu is wanting cold weather to do a few bigger lawn jobs without to much damage.

These trees are from the water works in Winterset Iowa. Damaged during dreadging of Cedar Lake. They tied the dredge to the trees and stripped the lower bark. Very pretty lake. Taking down 20 more trees today. Going to be muddy getting out this afternoon. And I just washed the truck and trailer earlier in the week.

Goldie and I are planning on being there, too. Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
Is it ok to set up our tent same place as last time?

Yes it will be fine to setup your tent. I plan to come to one of your cuts this spring. Will be nice to see you and Goldie.

This afternoons load was a bunch of straight 10 to 12" logs. Had to drive it like I stole it to get up the muddy hill from the lake.

Yes it will be fine to setup your tent. I plan to come to one of your cuts this spring. Will be nice to see you and Goldie.

This afternoons load was a bunch of straight 10 to 12" logs. Had to drive it like I stole it to get up the muddy hill from the lake.

Sounds about perfect for the bucking/splitting trailer setup.

MMMmmmmmm Charity cut wood!! :chainsaw::chop::pingpong:

I bet the mini gets/makes some mud in the lawn with the weather being like is it as well. Just think if it had knobs on it instead of a smooth track. I'd still run it thought! :rock:

Stu put the regular tracks on the mini for snow removal and then did some tree work. The knob tracks messed the chipping area up bad. :yes:

Stu has been quitting in the afternoon when the ground thaws. Just causes to much damage.

Well, still must be nice. My tracks burned with my atv when it caught on fire about a week and a half ago, while I was out for a nightly stroll. Waiting on insurance to see what they do. :(

We received two phone calls today requesting firewood. With these frigid temperatures, it's a good reminder to be thankful for our blessings. Not everyone has the luxury of living in a warm home. THANK YOU to everyone who volunteers their time, hard work and money into this great cause. We are making a difference!

No list yet. The log pile is getting bigger. Got a very big load of nice limb wood last week. Get rid of this snow and the tree guys will be back to work.

Update. Got the chains fixed on the Kewanee elevator. Took out a link of each side and added chain guards on the side. Took an old truck mud flap and made some brackets to cover the chain. Took off the wagon hopper but need to ad some ballast. Bit tippy. Also testing out a electric motor for the elevator.

The newer conveyor is bigger than I thought. I was told it is 60ft and it would not fit in my 60ft long shop. Not even close.

Edit later. Got to help the Mrs.

Let's do start a list...and ideas for lunch! :) Did you guys like the pulled pork???

1) Grimmy
2) Woodburner2

Yes I like pulled pork!! Dam now I'm hungry for it!! Pile looking good Doug! Can't wait to devour it with the toys! SO looking forward to this weekend....that I had some other plans that I cancelled to make it there. If you are in any doubt thinking about attending, do it, cause you won't be disappointed!!

Are the boys from Split Second Splitters coming back this year? They were great last year! Hope to see them back.

Back