Iowa Spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way thanks to the Hoskey gang for letting us mess up their place. Please tell Papa thanks for the tour, really enjoyed the conversation.Since you let that Homelite 410 guy come I guess I should thank him and his crew for their hard work and planning. Also Virgil he's a cool guy. Wish I lived closer so I could help him at the mill sometimes. Our first GTG but certainly not our last. Hope to see some of you at Waukee. Also appreciate the effort of those traveled a ways to get there. Met some good guys that I can forget the names of now. As Mastermind says: my forgetter has been working overtime. :eek::D

Thanks for all the photos guys - helps the rest of us picture it!

Philbert
just get 50 good friends, tromp threw the mud,
Hang out, run a saw, meet new friends, saw in the rain.........
Nah ......... it can't be the same :) I missed seeing you philbert
It was memorable, ALOT of fun, me and Chads daughter
Terin cut tons of cookies in the mud :) it was fun hanging out with
Wayne (fishnuts2)

By the way thanks to the Hoskey gang for letting us mess up their place. Please tell Papa thanks for the tour, really enjoyed the conversation.Since you let that Homelite 410 guy come I guess I should thank him and his crew for their hard work and planning. Also Virgil he's a cool guy. Wish I lived closer so I could help him at the mill sometimes. Our first GTG but certainly not our last. Hope to see some of you at Waukee. Also appreciate the effort of those traveled a ways to get there. Met some good guys that I can forget the names of now. As Mastermind says: my forgetter has been working overtime. :eek::D
It was good meeting you, have yer boy practice with that roller file guide :)

Arrived home at 9:15. :nofunny:(Showered/unpacked/etc)

With the hour difference in time zone, it was close to an 11.5 hr drive home (add 20 minutes when we got to Deweys house and loaded my stuff in my car).

I had a great time. 100% coming back next year. Thanks to the Hoskeys, Mike, Sarah, Doug, and everyone else that had there part in this!! What a great weekend!!

The hospitality, comaraderie, and honor of meeting you guys and gals was amazing.

Looking forward to Oakfest 2016...

I had a great time. Definitely coming next year!!

Put it on the calendar Skippy!! Make it to my door and ride with me.[/QUOTE]
Thanks dexter sounds like a plan . but I'm going to have to play it by ear . lots of good folks you got to meet . loads of fun from the pics posted

I had a great time. Definitely coming next year!!

Put it on the calendar Skippy!! Make it to my door and ride with me.
Thanks dexter sounds like a plan . but I'm going to have to play it by ear . lots of good folks you got to meet . loads of fun from the pics posted[/QUOTE]
Well I screwed that up somehow @DexterDay

Like everyone said, the folks that host and help put on this GTG are the best, period.

It was great to see folks again who I had met before and meet folks that I had not even if I forget the names shortly after I heard them. ...

I know there were some new faces that I didn't get to meet and I'm sorry, just a lot of folks there.

I was very happy to meet a special few finally, Carl and Ken top that list and its always a special
day to meet up with Mike, Mo Jim and Mark H again.

It took me about a hour and a half to wash my truck and trailer today, my power washer crapped out about half way through and had to borrow a buddies to finish. Big thanks to Doug for pulling the truck up the hill to join the rest of the folks!!

I got a couple pictures but not many this time.

100_9004 (Custom).JPG 100_9005 (Custom).JPG 100_9008 (Custom).JPG 100_9010 (Custom).JPG 100_9014 (Custom).JPG

Sure was great to meet some new friends and visit with ones I already knew!
I was very disappointed with the lousy weather, rain and cold, but not once did I hear any complaining or griping.
Next time I'm gonna' need to make a list of people I wanna' make sure to shake hands with. I had a lot of guys pointed out to me in the shed but it was a bit tight in there with the big turn-out. B'sides, my hearing is really bad when there's so many voices at the same time. Then, when it did stop rainin' everyone hit the saws pretty hard makin' up for lost time. You were one of those guys I wanted to shake hands with Ronaldo... heck, for all I know I was standin' right next to you at some point... maybe even had a couple words with ya'.

Of course, it was an all-new experience for me... just takin' it all in was time consuming in it's own way.
If the weather would'a been dryer, less windy, not so cool, and everyone could'a hit the saws earlier in the day, I guessin' there would'a been more time for hand shakin' 'n' dirt clod kickin' up on the hill.

Anyway, there's always next time...

I'd like to offer special thanks to the sheriff's deputy who pulled me over 20 min after I left heading north on 21. He was nice enough to let me off with a warning!

I just slowed down for some deer and was speeding back up to set cruise...wasn't paying attention to speed and hit 70mph as he passed. He was heading south, whipped a Uewy and put on the lights.

I had all my bars, 661, a ton of chains in the back seat and parts in the back window...bunch of stuff in the passenger seat and on the floor...can only imagine what he thought! LOL

I'd like to offer special thanks to the sheriff's deputy who pulled me over 20 min after I left heading north on 21. He was nice enough to let me off with a warning!

I just slowed down for some deer and was speeding back up to set cruise...wasn't paying attention to speed and hit 70mph as he passed. He was heading south, whipped a Uewy and put on the lights.

I had all my bars, 661, a ton of chains in the back seat and parts in the back window...bunch of stuff in the passenger seat and on the floor...can only imagine what he thought! LOL
chainsaw massacre!!!:D:D everyone at the gtg woulda vouched for yah!!!!

Back