Iowa Spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fun weekend even with the rain...the rain seemed to allow us more time to actually get to meet and talk..plus enjoy far too much of all of the amazing food! Thank you to everyone for making this possible... our hosts, cookers, organizers, and to everyone who made the effort to be part of this :)

Had a couple items that got left behind. Any ideas?
9aa2db3a5b091aed27d90c038fd2e10d.jpg
f949deabb93d3c103e58bb9b17e305c6.jpg

I haven't checked my bag yet, but the Carhartt Hoodie may be mine as well as the Blue flannel that Mike sent me a pic of..

You suppose Cobey got some perspective??
And almost a flywheel vasectomy???
Good to see you and JRSDWS, Dex.. Bout time you all made it out there...

Lots of gained "perspective". I am taking the guidelines of racing to heart. The last part is my favorite

1- decent saw
2- decent chain
3- "Don't Suck"!!

Was great to meet you as well.

I made it home about 9:00 pm mountain time, last night.

To be honest with ya, on the way there Friday, I was a little leery,, I kept thinking to myself, this is nuts, I dont know anyone, at this GTG, never met a single one of these guys before, dont know any of them from Adam. I dont do real well in crowds, I kind of live in isolation. When I pulled in Saturday morning, I was in a panic. I sat in the truck for a few minutes,,,, once I got out and broke the ice all was good.

I had a blast, and very glad I made the trip! Thanks to all who put it on!!

I think I must have left my black hoodie in the shop, cant find it in my truck anywhere.

Plan to be there next year! Need to get there on Friday though, so I can spend more time with the Wendell LLC,,, LOL

Got to run some very strong saws, including 2 tree monkey 064's, a WW 562, and mutt Dolmar 7900. Had fun running my Mastermind saws as well, I think others did also. Good saws, and great people, looking forward to next year!

Thanks,
Matt

To be honest with ya, on the way there Friday, I was a little leery,, I kept thinking to myself, this is nuts, I dont know anyone, at this GTG, never met a single one of these guys before, dont know any of them from Adam. I dont do real well in crowds, I kind of live in isolation. When I pulled in Saturday morning, I was in a panic. I sat in the truck for a few minutes,,,, once I got out and broke the ice all was good.

I think I must have left my black hoodie in the shop, cant find it in my truck anywhere.

Plan to be there next year! Need to get there on Friday though, so I can spend more time with the Wendell LLC,,, LOL

Got to run some very strong saws, including 2 tree monkey 064's, a WW 562, and mutt Dolmar 7900. Had fun running my Mastermind saws as well, I think others did also. Good saws, and great people, looking forward to next year!

Thanks,
Matt
Nice to meet you too Matt!
I'm glad you got over anxiety about pulling in and meeting this bunch of CAD victims.
It's all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evening everyone. Just got home and caught up after reading 7 pages of post.
Wow what a Great time!
Thanks to everyone that made this happen, It was nice to meet several of the forum members in person.
And see those we have already become friends with. Brenda and I appreciate good fun with good people!

Next time I'm gonna' need to make a list of people I wanna' make sure to shake hands with. I had a lot of guys pointed out to me in the shed but it was a bit tight in there with the big turn-out. B'sides, my hearing is really bad when there's so many voices at the same time. Then, when it did stop rainin' everyone hit the saws pretty hard makin' up for lost time. You were one of those guys I wanted to shake hands with Ronaldo... heck, for all I know I was standin' right next to you at some point... maybe even had a couple words with ya'.

Of course, it was an all-new experience for me... just takin' it all in was time consuming in it's own way.
If the weather would'a been dryer, less windy, not so cool, and everyone could'a hit the saws earlier in the day, I guessin' there would'a been more time for hand shakin' 'n' dirt clod kickin' up on the hill.

Anyway, there's always next time...
Yea, I guess we missed each other. I now know who you are , but didnt get a chance to chat with you, and I noticed that the shop was a little crowded and noisy at times, too!
Come back next year and we'll make up for lost time.

Thanks,
Matt
You have a very good collection of mastermind saws. I enjoyed running them. Now i know what i am missing and need to get at least one.

I would also like to thank everybody putting this event on. My brother and I were kind of in disbelief about how many people get together to run chainsaws, it was quite a spectacle, thanks to all kind people who lets us run their saws. Especially the tree monkey stills and that badass Dolmar! Defiantly learned a lot and hoped to make it to more of them, thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back