ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Is Stihl 036AV a pro saw?

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by Farm Kid2, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Farm Kid2

Farm Kid2 ArboristSite Lurker

Does it have the easily removed cylinder? How hard is it to fix an oil leak (it's an oily mess after sitting for a while)?

2. Bowtie

Bowtie Gearhead

The basic construction is pro quality. The ctlinder is easy to remove like other pro saws. The oil leak can be several things. Look to see where it is coming from. If it is coming from the bar/clutch area, it is likely the oil line from the pump to the bar, or possibly the oil pumpfitment to the oil tank.

3. sloch24

sloch24 AboristSite Guru

Or, it could be something as simple as a bad o-ring on the oil cap... I've had to replace a couple of those on different saws. They get dry rotten after a while.

4. Bowtie

Bowtie Gearhead

Hahaaa! Good point! I forgot the most obvious, easiest, cheapest problem..:cheers:

5. ZeroJunk

ZeroJunk Addicted to ArboristSite

Could be the oil line from the pump. I don't know what it's made of, but it's a aggravating little sucker to get on the nipple.

I can tell you this. I have at least six saws on the floor in the shop all the time. I've yet to see one that doesn't leave some oil residue underneath if it's been run recently.