Is The MS441 Being Discontinued?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2dogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have the day off so of course I had to wander by the Stihl dealer. I left $70.00 poorer BTW. Anyway he was telling me the price on the MS461 has been dropped to the same price as the MS441. In many businesses this would mean that a product is being dropped, in this case the 441. Has anyone heard about this?

i believe when the ms462 comes out as either m-tronic, or full direct fuel injection, there will only be one 70+cc saw in the line up. that is the story that i got, two versions of the same story from a dealer rep, and then a territory rep as well.

while the 441 is an exc. performer, is has def. been a love it or hate it model. it has never been the best seller for stihl.

i believe when the ms462 comes out as either m-tronic, or full direct fuel injection, there will only be one 70+cc saw in the line up. that is the story that i got, two versions of the same story from a dealer rep, and then a territory rep as well.

So the 441's will be discounted? Probably not :laugh:

you may get a deal once they are setting around? alot of dealers wont even stock them. we have 17 stores now, we stock maybe 8-10 441's, the 461 outsells it prob. 10-1. i have a 441crm/28", i love the way it runs, but rarely use it any more. i have little use for more than a 50cc saw any more.

you may get a deal once they are setting around? alot of dealers wont even stock them. we have 17 stores now, we stock maybe 8-10 441's, the 461 outsells it prob. 10-1. i have a 441crm/28", i love the way it runs, but rarely use it any more. i have little use for more than a 50cc saw any more.

It would sound weird to some but 70cc is gettin irrelevant to me too , 90% of the lot prep stuff ill see this year wont require much more than 60cc..im seriously considering rollin with the 40/60/90 cc saw plan..theres so many pecker poles on those lots in the 8-12-15 inch range i could cut 90% of them with a 241..keep a 60 for the little bigger ones and i seldom use a big saw so havin a 90cc around for the bigger ones even if its overkill would do

No one in my area even has a full product line of pro saws available. I have to go to Bloomington, Il. to find that
if you have a local deere dealer, they should be well set up. there are alot of big deere dealers in your state. stihl provides each dealer with a full line display.

I cannot imagine Stihl dropping the price on any new saw. The prices always go up. The Euro has recently last ground to the dollar, but I doubt that has much to do with any price drop on the 441 only. The weaker Euro should have hit the whole product line with at least a 15% roll back across the board.

It would sound weird to some but 70cc is gettin irrelevant to me too , 90% of the lot prep stuff ill see this year wont require much more than 60cc..im seriously considering rollin with the 40/60/90 cc saw plan..theres so many percker poles on those lots in the 8-12-15 inch range i could cut 90% of them with a 241..keep a 60 for the little bigger ones and i seldom use a big saw so havin a 90cc around for the bigger ones even if its overkill would do
i have a few big saws left, just no interest or real use for them any more. all my firewood is small/skinny red oak or cherry. my 441crm is pretty much a shelf queen these days. i bought it after seeing some modded videos of them on the tube, man do they run good.

I cannot imagine Stihl dropping the price on any new saw. The prices always go up. The Euro has recently last ground to the dollar, but I doubt that has much to do with any price drop on the 441 only. The weaker Euro should have hit the whole product line with at least a 15% roll back across the board.
actually their pricing across the board has in fact came down a little this spring.

I called my local Stihl guy two weeks ago to order a MS441 R CM. They told me that according to their rep, Stihl is currently delayed with production of the 441 series saws. As a compromise, Stihl is offering a $100 rebate on the MS461 for people who need a sawright away. I was told second week of April for a 441 R CM.

I called my local Stihl guy two weeks ago to order a MS441 R CM. They told me that according to their rep, Stihl is currently delayed with production of the 441 series saws. As a compromise, Stihl is offering a $100 rebate on the MS461 for people who need a sawright away. I was told second week of April for a 441 R CM.
thats odd, my distributer shows plenty in stock of both CM and CMR

No one in my area even has a full product line of pro saws available. I have to go to Bloomington, Il. to find that

They probably don't carry all the big saws because all there is to cut in your neighbor hood is corn stalks.:D
I really admire Stihl's marketing. It's a thing of beauty.

i have a few big saws left, just no interest or real use for them any more. all my firewood is small/skinny red oak or cherry. my 441crm is pretty much a shelf queen these days. i bought it after seeing some modded videos of them on the tube, man do they run good.

Im not much of a firewood collector , but if it takes a saw bigger than 60cc i dont really wanna handle it anyway..i like them small logs you can just throw in the truck and split once..my days of usin a ton of fuel to noodle a bunch of big rounds is about over

This is an interesting thread as when I spoke with my Stihl dealer about getting either a 441 or 461 they could not get the 441 or get a date when it would be available. The "speculation" was that there was a model change in the works.

That said, the 441 and 461 are virtually identical in weight per the Stihl site - so - perhaps they are going to drop the 441. Also, as SawMikaze said maybe a 70cc saw will become irrelevant.

As others have mentioned a M-Tronic 461/462 or whatever they call it might very well be a real beast.

Last, from what I can see... in the Pro Line of Stihl saws almost everything is now M-Tronic so perhaps it would make sense to produce a M-Tronic version of the 461 and drop the 441

Back