Is The MS441 Being Discontinued?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must be close to Peoria? That's where the distribution hub is which must be nice for your dealer...unfortunately that will go away in a year or so as the distributor there will be closing up and moving to Madison wi :(
90 miles away from Peoria. The Lexington Stihl dealer is one of many that is owned by this company.

Guess I better buy the discounted 661 he offered this year ;)

Scott, for the record, I always enjoy reading your posts, and continue to believe you are one of the most knowledgeable people on the site. I appreciate that you are posting on a more regular basis again.

Well do not get used to it. I tire of battling with the turds like the BA here, and getting into arguments with the saw modders and the throngs of their loyal followers over Stihl's 461 and 661 engine design. Even when supplied with Stihl's own engineering technical bulletins, they think the engines are old school and that engineers are full of shyte. Then of course there are the Aussies here that hunt their neighbor's pet cats, and post photos of them here. In the end, I would just as soon the BA have his way with the Aussies here as well as the 'expert' saw builders.

So Hank is going to be here only on a minimal basis for a while. Several months at least. Family matters demand my attention.

Well do not get used to it. I tire of battling with the turds like the BA here, and getting into arguments with the saw modders and the throngs of their loyal followers over Stihl's 461 and 661 engine design. Even when supplied with Stihl's own engineering technical bulletins, they think the engines are old school and that engineers are full of shyte. Then of course there are the Aussies here that hunt their neighbor's pet cats, and post photos of them here. In the end, I would just as soon the BA have his way with the Aussies here as well as the 'expert' saw builders.

So Hank is going to be here only on a minimal basis for a while. Several months at least. Family matters demand my attention.

I could tell you a story of a guy in my neighborhood who shot a cat..

It belonged to a guy that lived 3 doors up from me ..he was a pagan and despite his lifestyle he was an animal lover..the kind of dude that would have a "prison party" with you or tie your mom up if you owed him 100 bucks..he looks like charles manson and is probably the size of goldberg..he isnt someone you wanna owe money or have a problem with , hes spent more time in prison than a free man...he would cut your balls off and not blink, but if you messed with one of his animals..game over.

The queef that shot the cat was a computer programmer ..got picked on his whole life..i guess he had to be a "man" with his buddies one night..

To say he found out he wasnt the "man" he thought he was would be an understatement..

I could tell you a story of a guy in my neighborhood who shot a cat..

It belonged to a guy that lived 3 doors up from me ..he was a pagan and despite his lifestyle he was an animal lover..the kind of dude that would have a "prison party" with you or tie your mom up if you owed him 100 bucks..he looks like charles manson and is probably the size of goldberg..he isnt someone you wanna owe money or have a problem with , hes spent more time in prison than a free man...he would cut your balls off and not blink, but if you messed with one of his animals..game over.

The queef that shot the cat was a computer programmer ..got picked on his whole life..i guess he had to be a "man" with his buddies one night..

To say he found out he wasnt the "man" he thought he was would be an understatement..

Shooting a domesticated animal to look tough in front of his buddies??? I hope his "buddies" witnessed the retribution as well!

The Deere /Stihl I go to now in Lexington, Il. does not have a full pro line at the store.

I don't really care. They can get anything I want w/i a couple hours and a discount when paid with cash
i wonder why they dont carry a full line? there are two different/standard displays offered to deere dealers by stihl. they are both full line saws/trimmers/blowers, but are laid out a little different depending on store size.

not sure anything here, or on any other website is worth getting that worked up over?

Christopher,

We are in receipt of and thank you for your e-mail. The MS441RCM is still being offered but is not currently available; it is expected to be back in stock in April. Production of the MS441 series was halted due to an issue with the production process; production has restarted.

Thank you again for your e-mail.

Best regards,

C.M. Peavler

Technical Advisor

STIHL Inc.

i emailed stihl usa last night:)

Christopher,

We are in receipt of and thank you for your e-mail. The MS441RCM is still being offered but is not currently available; it is expected to be back in stock in April. Production of the MS441 series was halted due to an issue with the production process; production has restarted.

Thank you again for your e-mail.

Best regards,

C.M. Peavler

Technical Advisor

STIHL Inc.

i wonder about all the ones in the warehouse? probably replaced or recalled, Bryan still shows a pile of both styles in stock. you should forward this email to husky, and tell them this is what you do when you have an issue with a saw, I.E. the 562...................

i emailed stihl usa last night:)

I just back from the stihl dealer where i just bought a brand new ms 441 c-m and i ask the guy and he said they stop making the saw because the casting caught on fire

Did he put you on "speaker phone" so the guys in the back could hear your reaction??? I think he may have a sense of humor!

That is like when Trek bicycle announced (on April Fools Day) that they had developed a carbon fiber replacement for broken collar bones then were stronger and lighter than the original bones allowing you to go faster. A local dealer called and tried to order one, and they said "hold on, I have to put you on speaker phone". A true story!

Back