Is there a better $400 59cc saw than an Echo CS-590?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get me wrong i like what echo is doin but have a bunch of similar sized saws grouped together and a big gap between 60cc-80cc and 120cc.although anything past 80cc is non existent in the usa.:confused: they must see niches where no one else can see??????

The 590 is about it unles you buy a used stihl 036/ms360.the 590/600 does respond well to a muffler mod.a more common setup for a bar and chain setup would be a large mount husky bar and more common 72 dl chain.

Stihl makes good product but I can't get past the dealer only support.

+1 I have the Timberwolf and 620P. Both nice saws but using either on 40" trees may be pushing it.

I doubt that I have any 40 inch trees that need cut. More of a thinking out loud. The way I look at it, this would be a good saw for a novice to high power saws. If I burn it up, it isn't $800.

Can to elaborate on that, please?

Andyshine made this video of his muffler modded 590 cutting as fast as his ported MS 361.

For $400 i'd say its the best bang for your buck in the 60cc class.

I saw, no pun intended, that video. I wondered if the 590 was ported or not. Thanks for the info.

Oh with mounting a husky bar you may have to drill the oil holes out a bit.i'm running a husky bar on my 600p and it seems to be oiling but not enough.been meaning to work on it but just havent had time.
A large mount husky works good, oil holes line up if you use a 5/16
To 3/8 adapter so the bar slot isn't so loose

Stihl makes good product but I can't get past the dealer only support.

I doubt that I have any 40 inch trees that need cut. More of a thinking out loud. The way I look at it, this would be a good saw for a novice to high power saws. If I burn it up, it isn't $800.

Can to elaborate on that, please?

I saw, no pun intended, that video. I wondered if the 590 was ported or not. Thanks for the info.
he only did a muffler mod and pulled the limiters on the carb.

If I were to buy used, I would get the 372 xp that is sitting at my local pawn shop. Well, it was there last week anyway. It has $500 on it. Surely I could get it cheaper. Don't ask about condition though. The air filter is covered in saw dust but carb throat is clean. Muffler is super rusty but that to be expected as it looks like the older model. Oh and the part of the filter cover that goes over the spark plug is melted through and bubled up. Wonder what would cause that? Chain is at or less than 25% of cutter life left. Overall, if I bought the used 372xp, it would be drained and shipped off. For a rebuild and porting.

I am supposed to be leaving for work. Instead I am typing...

I hear what you are saying about the bar. I guess a standard husky 20" bar would work. Maybe I could get the dealer to sell the 590 to me without the bar. What pitch bar does it come with? I want to say it is 3/ths. If it is 3/8ths, I THINK husqvarna makes a roller guide for it... And I would be putting a husky bar on it anyway...
Son did you hit your head??? so you are going to spend 400.00+ with tax on an echo, (They are good saws but a tad heavy) then turn around and spend another 100 almost for a husky bar and 72GL chain????? by the way I see it you could snap up the NIB 359 husky that someone mentioned,, and Id bet it comes w/a husky bar/chain and be done!!!!!!:happybanana::lol::dumb:

Son did you hit your head??? so you are going to spend 400.00+ with tax on an echo, (They are good saws) then turn around and spend another 100 almost for a husky bar and 72GL chain????? by the way I see it you could snap up the NIB 359 husky that someone mentioned,, and Id bet it comes w/a husky bar and be done!!!!!!:happybanana::lol::dumb:

^^^THIS!^^^

Get that 359! It's a steal at $425!

Son did you hit your head??? so you are going to spend 400.00+ with tax on an echo, (They are good saws but a tad heavy) then turn around and spend another 100 almost for a husky bar and 72GL chain????? by the way I see it you could snap up the NIB 359 husky that someone mentioned,, and Id bet it comes w/a husky bar/chain and be done!!!!!!:happybanana::lol::dumb:
im getting the 359 haha its only 10 miles from me.

he has a new in box 1997 55 rancher but he wont sell it along with a 345 and a 357xp he just wont give in.
he said come back in 10 yrs on those.

Latest posts

Back