Is there a better $400 59cc saw than an Echo CS-590?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Son did you hit your head??? so you are going to spend 400.00+ with tax on an echo, (They are good saws but a tad heavy) then turn around and spend another 100 almost for a husky bar and 72GL chain????? by the way I see it you could snap up the NIB 359 husky that someone mentioned,, and Id bet it comes w/a husky bar/chain and be done!!!!!!:happybanana::lol::dumb:

^^^ This!!!

The Echo 590 just piqued my interest because I am always looking for a good deal. I see part of why the 590 is a good deal is because they really cheap out on the bar. Considering the bar, I am not how sure of a good deal the 590 is. I mean, for the casual user, it can't be beat. But if I use it a year and kill the bar, would I have been better off spending the ~$200 more for a nicer saw with better bar? IDK. This requires thinking and I don't like to think this late at night. LOL!

Can you show us where to get those?thought my husky bar fit snug enough.
If you pm me your phone number I can send you a phone pic.
The ones I use were made of 5/16 inside diameter steel hydraulic line
3/8 outside .just as thick as the bar or a little thinner. I had Dedurr in side, and sand the outside.

Chirs and Cedershark, thanks for the info on the bar. Prolly for someone who runs their saw every day, the bar wouldn't last. A Husky roller guide should fit that bar, depending on what chain it comes with.

The echo bars are made by oregon.you always substitute the stock bar with an old poulan,mcculloch,tanaka,etc branded bar.;)

I was in my local small engine repair shop last summer talking to them about the saws they carry - echo and redmax. I had a husky and a stihl and was happy with both but my husky (365) was getting tired. Upon asking about the echos the guy hands me his personal 59cc (virtually brand new) and said go cut with it for the day. I was very impressed and when I returned it, I purchased the echo 8000 - 80cc. I've cut around 80 cords with it so far and couldn't be happier with it. I think you will be very happy with the 59cc

FWIW I have a '12 CS-600P (basically a new 590) We feed it fresh gas and a decent chain but hammer on that thing... tank after tank in big oak all day with a 27" bar.. it WONT DIE. I set out one day with 7-8 big oaks, all 30" in diam... my goal was to buck it as fast as possible, with limited time for bar oil/fuel to see if I could kill it (cause who wouldnt want a 620 and a blown 600 for a project?) Well... didnt even blink, still going here 3 years later, zero issues, never even replaced the air cleaner, or anything for that matter.

Can't wait to get better enough to give the 600 another whirl to feed my new woodsplitter.i have at least 3 big oaks that have been given to me in the past few months.

The Echo 590 just piqued my interest because I am always looking for a good deal. I see part of why the 590 is a good deal is because they really cheap out on the bar. Considering the bar, I am not how sure of a good deal the 590 is. I mean, for the casual user, it can't be beat. But if I use it a year and kill the bar, would I have been better off spending the ~$200 more for a nicer saw with better bar? IDK. This requires thinking and I don't like to think this late at night. LOL!

My son picked up a new CS-590 2 weeks ago when the local dealer was running 20% off all Echo handheld stuff. They swapped out the 20" bar for a 24" and the price was $330. He asked what an additional 24" bar was if he just kept the 20" on it and they said $84. So I told him to just go with 24" and he could pick up a 20" later on a lot cheaper than what they were selling them for. I swear I believe the 24" bar is a Power Match bar, it has a changeable tip and a taller profile than the 20" bar the saw was suppose to come with. It's painted black and has Echo on it so I'll have to try and crossover the Echo number to see if it's a Pro-Lite or a Power Match or what.

All Echo bars with replaceable tips are oregon powermatch bars. The 590s come standard with either an 18 or 20 inch pro lite. A 24 inch bar is asking a little much of a 590. It will do it but not with much authority.

Latest posts

Back