Its alive!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc874

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got my Mall OMG back together and it ran, "well kinda". The fuel i dumped into the cylinder made her run for about 10 seconds or so, i tried fuel in the tank but she flooded out several times so i kept turning the fuel valve off & on the carb just to hear it roar a few more times. I have taken apart the carb and cleaned it etc... but it seems to not wish to run very long, i get tired quickly trying to pull over this beast. I do manage about 8-10 pulls before i'm tuckered and have to wait for another few minutes to go some more. The carb on it is a Tillotson M E 6 B. I emailed Tillotson in Ireland ( Very quick response, about an hour or so. ) They say that, that carb was only produced in the Great US of A "so" i turn to you guys for assistance. I'd buy a new one if available or a good used one if someone has one kickin around in the junk pile out back. Thanks to AL Smith and PES+, with a very honourable mention to Andy for the assistance along with Andrethegiant and several others, you guys helped get me this far. I have many hours into this beauty and love the old timers. I don't think i could do too many due to difficulty in getting parts etc... but i do like'em alot. Here's a couple before and after pics. The pics where she's finished where while ago and the paint is chipped abit more now then whats in the pics, otherwise looks the same.

Last edited:
Omg

Thanks guys. I've cleaned the original carb inside and out and just had a thought, maybe if i adjusted the metal tang on the cork float which connects to the metering valve (metal ) to reduce the gap/distance it comes off the valve seat, that should/may reduce the amount of fuel getting to the saw. This particular carb has no rubber type diapharms what-so-ever, there is only one gasket, where the bowl connects to the main carb housing. I will wait until the AM after i drop my son off too school to try this. I may have a line on a carb from an online source its called, "The carb shop", located in Eldon Missouri, they have a Tillotson-ME6B carb listed for sale, it could be used or reconditioned. I will attempt to call them tomorrow, its almost midnight here now.

Latest posts

Back