It's here!!!!............Inside the MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've owned ten or better new C-M's and they all popped and started idling on less than three pulls. The only one that didn't do it from then on looked like the one with score marks in the bore similar to the one shown here. That MS441 went back to the distributor in Missouri as the dealers could not work on them yet then. Score marks under that smoked cylinder looked just like the glaze marks shown on this fresh MS661.

Are you just repeating what your ........................nevermind:ices_rofl::laugh::laugh::buttkick:

image.png

There is no way that a saw can pull fuel all the way from the tank through dry filter, lines, and carb in three pulls. This has nothing to do with MTronic.

Maybe if your tank vent is screwed. That don't explain the lean condition you are experiencing. All my 10-12 M-Tronic saws fired up flawlessly: six of them on one pull in July weather. Don't tell me there's no way. You got a saw there to be proud of, but you better look at them score marks boss.
IMG_4274-L.jpg

10-12 saws all flawless six of them on one pull in July weather. Don't tell me there's no way. You got a saw there to be proud of, but you better look at them score marks.
Are you saying that your saws had never been fired from the dealer, never had fuel in them, and they started on the first pull. That's all I'm contesting. I will surely inspect this cylinder closely.

Looks like cross-hatching for a better seating but anyway, great up close pics, me and my 2 year old are enjoying this. So about 25 year later, RIP to the 1122 series on an amazing run starting with the 064. Might have been stated before, but based off you 56mm bore, then that would be 37 stroke (if 91.1 cc), so went away from 54/40 and closer to what I believe the 056 mag and 394/395xp that are 56/38 (93.6cc).

Maybe if your tank vent is screwed. That don't explain the lean condition you are experiencing. All my 10-12 M-Tronic saws fired up flawlessly: six of them on one pull in July weather. Don't tell me there's no way. You got a saw there to be proud of, but you better look at them score marks boss.
IMG_4274-L.jpg

All I see is cross hatch with traces of the skirt. give it a few million more oscillations and those score marks will be nice shiny porting guidlines.

Are you saying that your saws had never been fired from the dealer, never had fuel in them, and they started on the first pull. That's all I'm contesting. I will surely inspect this cylinder closely.

I only take delivery NIB period. Dry as a bone but you know they get fired at the factory. No the dealer doesn't tune my saws in fact I tune theirs. This isn't a contest, friend we all can learn from each other's experiences. That shiny nikasil could just be reflection from your flash through the opposite port, but that's what the early 441 I had that burned a P&C in the first five hours looked like just like yours.

Did you do the bar off calibration?

All I see is cross hatch with traces of the skirt. give it a few million for oscillations and those score marks will be nice shiny porting guidlines.

Could be, tacomatard98, let's hope. I'm a Stihl fan. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back