It's here!!!!............Inside the MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the Mtronic Engine Management is intoxicating to me. I wonder if I could digitize that into the sleep or snooze mode on my clock somehow? The wifey would love that one wouldn't she? LOL

Nice port work, I sure can't see anything wrong with how things look or sound. If I was to guess over my stocker you are pulling 1500 rpms or more in the cut...just guessing. And we all know that chain speed makes short work of the day.

This is the MS661 I showed pictures of the port work last Saturday. I was finally able to get it in wood. This one's holding even more RPMs in the cut than mine. A little additional transfer work did it good.

I think you have outdone yourself here Brad even leaning on the saw awesome power in the cut well done I think you hit a home run here:bowdown::clap:

I checked the chain before I headed out. This is a brand new Stihl RS chain, with only a few cuts on it. RS chain is usually rather aggressive, but both of these saws could actually use a little less raker.:rock:

I agree with the rakers being lowered. I've found that lower is better than stock with the 661c. Flat file is your friend. The torque pulls through a lowered raker and the engine management system keeps the fuel where it is optimum when more HP is needed.

This is the MS661 I showed pictures of the port work last Saturday. I was finally able to get it in wood. This one's holding even more RPMs in the cut than mine. A little additional transfer work did it good.

Like a cutting torch through butter...

Im surprised that no-one stated anything about how the starter cover is contoured to fit on your left thigh when your carrying it. It doesn't have the sharp corner on the bottom like the 461.

Great - holy - mutha - scratchin - crap ................. That saw really woke up !!
I hope you kept good notes on that build, cause I think you will be seeing more of them 661's !!!

Farmer loggers...............good job in over analyzing everything like you guys always do.

You must be doing something wrong - you keep cutting but the log isn't getting any shorter.

Checking squish, two sides at a time.
IMG_4293-L.jpg

IMG_4294-L.jpg

IMG_4297-L.jpg
I realize I'm not that bright, but what are the 2 spark plug holes about? It surely doesn't take 2 spark plugs?

Is the run-on after a long cut characteristic for these M-tonic saws? Sounds like it takes about 2 seconds to return to idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back