It's here!!!!............Inside the MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only take delivery NIB period. Dry as a bone but you know they get fired at the factory. No the dealer doesn't tune my saws in fact I tune theirs. This isn't a contest, friend we all can learn from each other's experiences. That shiny nikasil could just be reflection from your flash through the opposite port, but that's what the early 441 I had that burned a P&C in the first five hours looked like just like yours.

Did you do the bar off calibration?
You tune the saws for your Stihl dealer?

Right

IMG_4299-L.jpg

Those logs will work :)

I run a 28 lite bar on my 661 and use it only on big wood cutting both sides. The oiler to me is stingy. This is a half wrap. World wide have not seen a full wrap but have one on order at my Dealer.

It handles very nice with the 28" lite bar and so far not one problem with about 10-12 tanks through it so far. Compared to the 660 the smoothness covers up the actual speed she really has. Hot or cold weather or fuel mix seems to make no difference. It just cuts the same every time. A joy to run for a novice like me.

Oh, fuel mileage is quite a bit better than the 660 too. As advertised and expected.

So I'm studying the IPL and find that there a standard carbed MS661, not a MS661C. Where is this saw available? Just curious as I'd not heard of it before. Another point of interest, I see no HO oiler option. Hopefully, that means it oils very well.
If your looking at the ipl on mediacat check out the tech information tab. It has information on the oil pump. It has a standard range of operation and if higher flow is required a limiting pin can be punch up into the oil pump and the screw can then be turned further clockwise to increase the flow further. Once the pin is punched in that's it it's in there

This saw has me intrigued. Probably wouldn't buy one till after the "bugs" are worked out, but maybe I'll have a breakdown after tax season and bite the bullet. I'm thinking about going with a heated handle version, are those out yet?

I bought my 562xp when they first came out and it was pretty much trouble free from the box, but did have the slight bog off idle. I hope the 661 experiences no hiccups the second time around. Till then, I'll keep on using the 064 I built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back