I've Been Away From Saws For A Couple Of Weeks.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Painting the kitchen... your saying you like painting, I'll call BS on that statement... no man I know likes painting unless your a painter by trade AND they even say it sucks!

Nice to see you relax a little, nothing wrong with fixing the house, make momma happy, that's where it's at my friend!

Painting the kitchen... your saying you like painting, I'll call BS on that statement... no man I know likes painting unless your a painter by trade AND they even say it sucks!

Nice to see you relax a little, nothing wrong with fixing the house, make momma happy, that's where it's at my friend!
Worked in a cabinet shop for 7 years doing staining and finishing. All spray work. Loved that. But you are right about painting a room. I'd rather slam my **** in my truck door....

Randy, the 346 you did fer me hasn't blown up yet

Then you ain't running it hard enough.

How's the herd?

They are doing great. Here it is nearly January and they still don't want any hay.

These holidays need to get over. I miss my 064. It's been at cuddle lane since early December. :popcorn2:

I'll have to get by with only five saws I guess.

You poor, poor guys. :laugh:

When I get the cabinet doors back on........maybe.

I'm in no real rush Randy, take your time, enjoy

You have to be the most patient man I do saws for.

Thanks.

Worked in a cabinet shop for 7 years doing staining and finishing. All spray work. Loved that. But you are right about painting a room. I'd rather slam my **** in my truck door....

Pics of the **** slam?

I know Of 2-064's that have been there since the Kentucky GTG !

im afraid of the nasty things he did too it too

it may not want to come home

Oh.......Mike.

Both of these saws are done. I want to run em some before I ship. You guys will survive. lol

Randy i know you do the best in making sure there just right before u give them back

Hey i picked up another 026 with a bad topend ,also pickedup a oem topend for it

I got to tear it down and see what it needs

We havent cut wood in awhile so i dont need the 064 untill its done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did that after I painted. lol

I know how it goes. Two weeks back my wife asked me, could I paint the bathroom out before Christmas. You already know what happens with new paint, it shows up everything around it so now two complete floors replaced, 6 doors, entry way walls, bathroom walls, cabinets and ceilings have all been done, just finished up tonight. Tomorrow, Christmas present shopping...:givebeer:

Randy. Nice to hear you can still try to keep a little balance in your life. Enjoy Christmas.

Peace,
Bill

And I have a few guys units here that should have been done a couple of weeks ago for sure. I didn't schedule many saws for this month.....only a few in the first week, but I was a few saws behind when I took this break. I need to take a little time off every couple of months to do things around my place. To be honest I have far too many unfinished projects here.

Since I was planning a little down time my wife asked me to paint the kitchen. She & I picked out a color.....and so it began. We got home with the color and she decided it would not work well with the cherry cabinets. :cold:

So "we" decided to use that color in the breakfast nook.

Well that room has had a wood stove in it for a few years.....and the heat did some strange things to the drywall joints. I ended up chiseling out all the mud on all the corner beads, and redoing them.

In the end, that room turned out really good.......but the kitchen......we still had to paint the kitchen. o_O

"We" picked another color and painted the kitchen....not just the walls.....but the ceiling, and all the trim too.

Of course the hallway needed the same treatment. :laugh:

Then I got the bright idea to wipe down the cabinets with thinner........which turned the finish an odd white color. :dizzy:

Well, now I'm refinishing the cabinets. :(

Long story short.......I'm been out of the shop, and in the house working. It is a great change of pace that I'm enjoying. Believe it or not, porting saws is very monotonous. Doing it day after day is not easy......but it's still the best job I've ever had.

I just wanted to post this so anyone that was wondering where I've been would be informed.

Sounds like when I did my bathroom over. Gutted to subfloor. Of course when me and my dad were taking a wall down the movement on the studs made the nails on the opposite wall move and it looked like someone shot slugs in a line up the wall! A wall I had just painted. Then "we" couldn't decide on fixtures:dumb:

I used tinted primer on the kitchen walls 4 years ago. Except for the odd patch of filler here and there, it makes it easier to forget I never got back to it...

This is causing me to frequent the trading post in search of a saw til my 064 gets home.

Damn you Randy I really don't need to spend anymore money right now. I am glad my saw won't be traveling during this time of year though.

Back