I've Been Screwed!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ekka said:
Obviously advertising laws in the USA are non existant.

He wrote all that BS about no warranty etc coz he knew the saw was stuffed.

Mate, I got a corroded 44 in the shed, engine seem to OK just the chasis got eaten by palms, if your interested I can strip off some crap and send it over ... you pay the freight, I'm sure you'll build a working saw out of it. I dont want anything for the saw just you fix up the freight. I go thru a 44 a year but the palms eat away the alloy ... but the piston, pot, crank etc will all be fine.

Might take 2 weeks to get there that's all.

Let me know.

Very generous of you Eric :cheers:

blsnelling said:
Here's the serial# off the saw. He said it's only 2 years old. Then turns around and says he bought it used. I guarantee you it's more than 2 years old. It's probably stolen and used in a mass murder some where:greenchainsaw:

Serial# = X154509592

It's from June 2002.. and an ex logging saw from Centralia Washington... I bet he bought it dead and resold it to you.

Lakeside53 said:
It's from June 2002.. and an ex logging saw from Centralia Washington... I bet he bought it dead and resold it to you.
Amazing this site has a bunch of hound dogs.
Cops don't even act that fast.

Give us his home address and I'll bet we can do more for you.
how about his E mail

manual said:

how about his E mail

Manual we had that info a couple hours ago...

He also has a web....site

manual said:

how about his E mail

The Paypal receipt will have his shipping address... The saw wasn't in his name...

Excellent Lakeside! There be the leg to stand on, but I'd take ekka up on his offer, get withdrawn the claim carp on e-prey, and pizz in his cornflakes if I could.
:greenchainsaw:

aquan8tor said:
vigilante justice still has a place in modern society, given adequate cause.
well wait and see.maybe he has to sleep over this.
sounds like the seller knows he ripped him.

E-bay

I think there should be a thread on this site of sellers on e-bay to stay away from if they're going to try to scam people. Because I know this isn't the first time someone has had probles with e-bay. I had a problem with a saw I bought from e-bay man said he was a Stihl dealer and the saw ran great when it left his shop. He told me I didn't know how to adjust the carb. the carb had to be rebuilt,tank cleaned/new fuel lines and filters and all new gaskets. And I told him I knew the saw was apart because the gaskets had RV sealant on them. He said I put the sealant on the gaskets. Then you try to leave neg. feedback and they turn around and leave neg. feedback on you! INO you can keep e-bay they can sell you trash and get away with it. Again This is MY Opinion :bang:

skrewed

that saw looks like it s three or more saws patched together. i sell on ebay and this guy takes the cake for ripoff artist. sorry you got skrewed so bad. that saw looks to be false 440. i have seen this krap from other sellers over years.painted pig sold as brand new piggy when lol and be hold it paint old piggy.:bang: sue the a@@ off him if notin else.:laugh: :cry:

I hate dishonest people! I sell a lot of stuff on eBay, mostly motorcycle parts and recently some saw parts. I am 110% honest about what I sell, I don't rip people off with crazy shipping prices and if there's any problem I take care of business at once. I don't know how some of these eBayer's sleep at night, I just could'nt rip someone off like that. It's amazing how these guys word their descriptions to cover their a** and it seems like people selling chainsaws are the worst I've seen on eBay! You'll see a non-running high dollar saw and they say "I don't know if it runs or not, I have'nt checked it" GIVE ME A BREAK FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD! Your selling a 395XP and you don't know if it runs or not? Come on. The part I hate most is that it turns people away from eBay and that hurts good, honest sellers that take care of business like myself (and many others):angry: . ALWAYS check a sellers feedback before you bid on anything on eBay. I'm very sorry that you got ripped off - I wish there were something I could do to help you!
Matt in KY

I buy and sell alot on ebay and first and foremost ck their feedback!!!! If their not at least in the high 99% I want bid..I have a 100% feedback and its not hard to keep it that way.Its just that simple..If they have low feedback there is always a reason..This guy new the saw was trashed and should own up to it and make it right but he want and will get away with it hurting the few honest sellers there are..

Lakeside53 said:

He stated the saw was two years old and yall found it to be from 2002 that is misreprentation and paypal will refund your money if you wanted to stick it too this seller..

I am sure with all the people on this forum that someone somewhere lives pretty close to this guy :hmm3grin2orange: I agree also on the ebay deal of listing peoples names on here that are honest and good people to deal with and also the aholes that lie and try to stiff people on ebay. That is the only reason I have not bought a saw off ebay yet.

It would really be nice if everyone could get a thread going on ebay users that would always stay at the top of the forum. I know there are honest good people on ebay its just taking a chance on finding them.

Amazing, can't believe the description and what you received. Let alone the comments on it being a mongral 440. I would use the facts to justify the refund, incorrect age and misfit pieces. My vote is that paypal will correct it. By the way, ebay owns paypal, they also bought skype shortly after that purchase. They have quite the monopoly, huge office right is Silicon Valley, San Jose. Good luck! I will be definitely buying new for my first saw, wouldn't even know where to begin on that one. Kudos the those offering parts:bowdown:
Ed

Back