I've Been Screwed!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't sound too unreasonable to me. Since your goal is to putter on them and fix'em up and there are some parts here that you can use to get it running. Maybe you could reply back with $150, about half price?
If you do decline though, I think you would win, but must hassle with packaging it back up and shipping it out, and I am almost positive you will have to pay shipping both ways....something to consider. IF you decline AND win you would have $50 ish into absolultely nothing, UPS is the only person that wins.
Ed

IF you decline AND win you would have $50 ish into absolultely nothing, UPS is the only person that wins.
Ed[/QUOTE]

***Then again there is something to be said for having the satisfaction of knowing you are in the right. Then again that is just me and I am a stubborn mule. :deadhorse:

BL, on another note where is Franklin? My sister lives in Thornville. I try to make it out there once a year to let the guys at EEP get nasty with my Cummins.

I would decline his "offer". That leaves him (the seller) almost $200 to the good for pawning off a pile of parts.

blsnelling said:
The seller is offering me a $100 refund. If I refuse it, PayPal continues to investigate. If they decide in the sellers favor, I get nothing. I'm inclined to deny the refund.

If he is offering $100, he would probably give you $150, just to settle the issue. Sellers that do a lot of volume on ebay can get in a bind with disputes locking things up.

If it were me I'd decline it too due to the fact that the seller is a crook. IOW for me it wouldn't be about the $ anymore, I'd just want to put my size 13 up his a$$. This isn't an "honest mistake" he knew exactly what he was doing. You can't even give him neg. feedback without him neging you back so the person looking at his feedback won't even have a clue what he did to you. I say you make it clear to paypal that the saw was misrepresented due to it being 4 yrs. old instead of 2. See if paypal will do the right thing and give your $ back. I'd say the odds of the paypal "buyer protection" scam deciding in your favor even when presented with proof the saw is 4 yrs old, is less than 50%. I hope I'm wrong and they give you a full refund. Either way this will be a good test to see who paypal protects buyers or sellers. Maybe it will save somebody else here from getting screwed buying saws on Ebay.

deezulsmoke said:
I am sure with all the people on this forum that someone somewhere lives pretty close to this guy :hmm3grin2orange: I agree also on the ebay deal of listing peoples names on here that are honest and good people to deal with and also the aholes that lie and try to stiff people on ebay. That is the only reason I have not bought a saw off ebay yet.

You sure about that? He's in Montana. Less than a million peple in the whole state.

ol'homey said:
If it were me I'd decline it too due to the fact that the seller is a crook. IOW for me it wouldn't be about the $ anymore, I'd just want to put my size 13 up his a$$. This isn't an "honest mistake" he knew exactly what he was doing. You can't even give him neg. feedback without him neging you back so the person looking at his feedback won't even have a clue what he did to you. I say you make it clear to paypal that the saw was misrepresented due to it being 4 yrs. old instead of 2. See if paypal will do the right thing and give your $ back. I'd say the odds of the paypal "buyer protection" scam deciding in your favor even when presented with proof the saw is 4 yrs old, is less than 50%. I hope I'm wrong and they give you a full refund. Either way this will be a good test to see who paypal protects buyers or sellers. Maybe it will save somebody else here from getting screwed buying saws on Ebay.

Heck: He ought to get the total w/shipping back, if the seller places any value on the saw he ought to also pay for the return shipping.

Anything less with out getting TOO long winded,

'SUCK IT UP PRINCESS'

Geeees i started reading this thread not paying attention to the dates i was thinking this was 4 or 5 days ongoing not less than 24 hr's! WOW!

No one likes a rip off mongrel DDM anywhere in the world and an E-Bayer just makes it worse.

I got 3 stuffed 44's in the shed I'll be stripping and Ole Mate should be able to rebuild a good one for nicks ... perhaps has to buy gaskets and crank case seals.

We bought a cheap old freezer for $100 off another smaller i/net site here in OZ. All supposed to be working fine etc, great freezer selling due to receiving a gift of new one! Got it home and plugged it in, the thermostat was stuffed and it ran 24/7, it leaked water from god knows where and we had to mop up around it everyday. I tipped it up and it was all rusted underneath ... took pics. They tried to say it was working fine when it left their house but where stuffed when I sent pics of rust and the water puddle every day. within 24 hours we had a full refund but did have to drive it back across town. They tried to hit us with negative feedback but the site owner deleted it and banned them.

We all make mistakes but to blatantly lie and rip some-one off deserves a good flogging. Send him to Tasmania I say. hahaha lol.

Anyway, I'm off saw stripping ... an am surprised how easy it is.

Seems like a deceitful listing to me!

Lets me see!

A) "Personal Firewood Saw" but sold to a logging company according to lakeside stihl records.

B) 2 years old but it is a 2002.

C) "SO I TOOK IT INTO THE STIHL SHOP AND HAD IT LOOKED AT. THEY SAID IT NEEDED A NEW PULL CORD AND A MAGNEATO." yeah, sure he did!

I trust very little off of ebay as I have had so many things purchased that were misrepresented and just wrong listings.

I totally agree that there should be post with rating and experiences with the various ebay sellers out there as this could save some grief for some!

I will follow this with interest to see what ebay/paypal say about this as he did put all kinds of disclaimers in his add even though he did misrepresent the saw.

Good Luck!

DDM said:
Geeees i started reading this thread not paying attention to the dates i was thinking this was 4 or 5 days ongoing not less than 24 hr's! WOW!

DDM thats because it was not SPAM......If it were SPAM you would have seen that rite away.. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Ekka said:
Here we go, this ones a little ripper, just clean as a whistle.
Now we're talkin'. That piston looks excellent! Yes, they are simple to disassemble. Only a few minutes to gut the entire saw.

I'm going to refuse the $100. That would leave me still eating $130. The cost to replace the crank, cylinder, piston, and gaskets off eBay would be $230. There's no way I'm going to accept $100. He knows he's done wrong and don't have a leg to stand on, or he would even be making me an offer.

Ekka said:
Here we go, this ones a little ripper, just clean as a whistle.
Looks nice man! If he takes ya up on it he should be able to have a decent unit, like I said in my recc, yer a good man!

Me :cheers: You

Sprig said:
Looks nice man! If he takes ya up on it he should be able to have a decent unit, like I said in my recc, yer a good man!

Me :cheers: You
Can't turn down an offer like that. Ekka's tearing all these old saws apart so that he can send me the best of his used parts. He's even including a starter assembly to replace the worn out one on my saw. This "two year old home owner saw" was used so much that the rope had worn through the bushing it pulls through and the bottom right of the fan housing itself is worn all the way through to the plastic segment inside the starter.

I just finished denying the sellers $100 refund offer. We'll see what happens next.

Ekka, guys like you make me proud to be a AS member. I'll hang with guys like you any time, as often, and as long as I can.

You be 'da man.

Mark

Back