ive had enough

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allstihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I lit the fire about 6 months ago . I just tossed in some wood and decieded that ive had enough . when this fire dies out im gonna let the oil furnace handle the rest of this winter which seems like it will never end . call me what you will but ive had enough .

I lit the fire about 6 months ago . I just tossed in some wood and decieded that ive had enough . when this fire dies out im gonna let the oil furnace handle the rest of this winter which seems like it will never end . call me what you will but ive had enough .
did someone run out of wood??? hahah ive been doing the same when temps are above 30

Makes me glad that our winters down here are only 3 or 4 months long at best. We had a cool front come through this morning lowering us down to a chilly 57 degrees. Its been sunny and 80 every day this week.

I'm with ya. I've got about 1/2 a pickup load in the truck that needs to be carried into the basement when it quits raining. I'm starting to think that by the time that is burned up, I'm done for the year too.

I have more wood, I'm just ready to be building up next year's supply instead of burning it now. Constant fire since late October here, so just about 6 months on the dot.

I'm just about ready to let the boiler go out and start the wood stove in the living room but with single digit lows for the weekend it will be another week or so

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I've thought the same, but I keep burning cause it's what I work so hard for all summer making the firewood. This will be the 4 th year in a row that I've used only my wood stove in the living room to heat the house. No propane used.

I'm kind of tired of loading the owb but I will be damned if I'm giving any money to oil or gas to help heat my home. Its just part of the marriage...at times it gets old but you got a good thing going so why mess with it?

What????? Sounds like someone needs to watch the scene from "Rocky 5" where Mickey says "and this is gonna be like an angel on your shoulder, and when you feel like you're goin' down this little angel's gonna whisper in your ear, it's gonna whisper GET UP YOU SON OF A *****, cause Mickey loves ya!!!"

Now get back in there and put another log on the fire and finish the fight!!!! :D :muscle: :rock:

Wifey put a stop to wood fires a couple weeks ago. With this weather, even a little fire will run you out of the house. Tonite we have freeze warnings, might start a fire and let it burn out just to knock down the chill.

Weekend forecast here is 23 tonight and 13 tomorrow night. Night time lows through next week are 30-32. Daytime temps are decent, but there will be some cloudy and wet days. So............at least night time fires all week.

And I'm with @Ironworker, I'm still OK with it. Usually I'm getting tired of it by now, but it hasn't worn me out this year at all. It'll be over soon enough. Got plenty of wood............let 'er rip. :badpc:

Latest posts

Back