ive had enough

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lit the fire about 6 months ago . I just tossed in some wood and decieded that ive had enough . when this fire dies out im gonna let the oil furnace handle the rest of this winter which seems like it will never end . call me what you will but ive had enough .
There is no oilfurnacesite.com you are on your own!
Have a good time.

Ill keep the fire going as long as Its cold. I'm stuck at home all day after a knee scoping so I got nothing else to do for the next 4 weeks.

I surrender too. Just put the last of my firewood into the stove. Wouldnt you know this cold snap would hit right now. Got to turn on heatpump tomarrow. :(

I have about 2 or 3 good fires left in the on deck rack. After it's consumed I'm done.

I shut down my boiler today cause the weather turned really warm and has melted the snow, the it rained, and unfortunately how my lines are run I am now trying to heat all the water in the ground now, so I'm done....

gonna be 73 tomorrow wit up to 78 by Wednesday, then mid 50's-60's thru the 10 day. Hope to be done with fires for a while. Got little left in basement, with about a cord in the wagon in garage.

I burned less than a cord of mixed pine and fur. Only turned the electric furnace on once to see if it was ok. I will be selling the left over cord to the neighbor as I get ready to move back to Montana this summer. Time to start over and be behind the first year. Oh well, I will finally be home after 24 years in the military. Well worth the being behind part.

Temp was 11*F yesterday morning. Been burning right along, only had like 2 days in the mid 40's in the past 2 weeks it seems. Lows are still freezing or below. I said the same thing as the OP a few weeks ago but I keep feeding the fire. Hard not to when its this cold still.

Makes me glad that our winters down here are only 3 or 4 months long at best. We had a cool front come through this morning lowering us down to a chilly 57 degrees. Its been sunny and 80 every day this week.
So I guess you guys never experience -30 F Winter temps.
It's pretty regular up here in the Southern North of Southern Ontario.
And yes....we still go to work and still go shopping and still drive our cars in the nasty stuff.
Just need snow tires and winter oil and -40 windshield washer fluid is all.

It's getting old but it's free and there's no way I'm giving any more than I have to the local electric company and Im sure as heck not giving another cent to the diaper heads who run the oil cartel

cheap natural gas...........buwhahahhahahhahahhaaaa. aint been cheap for over 15 years around here.........poor gas co's :dizzy::dizzy:
It should be about half what it was 4 years ago. Wholesale has gone from around $10 back then to around $4 today. You can get a current market price on any financial resource, even Yahoo's financial page. Your base rate is probably set by some regulatory group in your state but the fuel cost adjustment should be kicking in big time to lower the overall bill. Gas has been close to $4 since they started "fracking" in earnest.

cheap natural gas...........buwhahahhahahhahahhaaaa. aint been cheap for over 15 years around here.........poor gas co's :dizzy::dizzy:
It should be about half what it was 4 years ago. Wholesale has gone from around $10 back then to around $4 today. You can get a current market price on any financial resource, even Yahoo's financial page. Your base rate is probably set by some regulatory group in your state but the fuel cost adjustment should be kicking in big time to lower the overall bill. Gas has been close to $4 since they started "fracking" in earnest.

nope,,still higher than a kite around here.....or else the gas cos have the meters turned up..which I wouldn't doubt for one second...

Back