Jonny spark problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NateleeWi

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'm new to working on my own equipment and new to engines in general. But my 630 is having an issue with starting. Now here's where I gets complicated. It ran before the holidays and I was working on tuning it. So I had t sitting with a screwdriver in the high and low jets port and my first thought was one of the kids was in my garage and turned the screwdriver over the holidays. But I tried multiple different settings and couldn't get it going. So picked up a new plug and changed that. Nothing. Then checked the spark by setting the plug on one of the fins and pulling. No spark. That I could see. So took the coil out and there was no frayed wires. Looked at the module gap looks ok. Which do I replace? But the reason I was messing with the jets was it was having an issue idling. It would start but not idle ran fine with some throttle. Now I have nothing and I'm in my peak cutting time. So I need to get his resolved and get back to work. Please someone give me a hand.

On those saws I have worked over it was always the trigger unit that went bad, I have not seen one with a bad coil/module yet. If Robin was back from his island trip he would also chime in as he is really an expert on the Jonsered saws. I have only done 5-6 of the 630 and 670 saws but talking with others about them they also claimed the trigger unit usually goes bad most times.

Latest posts

Back