Jonsered 2188

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the new swede saw!! I was perusing jreds website last eve, and noticed that from their main page, you select " country" then saws. When on the "us" site, the 2172 is the largest option available, when you look at models on the Canadian site, they still have the 2188. Anyone else have this experience??

Congrats on the new swede saw!! I was perusing jreds website last eve, and noticed that from their main page, you select " country" then saws. When on the "us" site, the 2172 is the largest option available, when you look at models on the Canadian site, they still have the 2188. Anyone else have this experience??

Were you on the East Coast or West Coast site?

Either way two things:

A. The online sites for Husqvarna and Jonsered suck. Specs are wrong, product offerings are not up to date, etc.
B. The distribution of models on the west coast was rumored to be different than those on the east coast.

At the end of the day the best thing to do is go to your dealer and ask what they can and cant get and hopefully you get a straight answer.

Were you on the East Coast or West Coast site?

Either way two things:

A. The online sites for Husqvarna and Jonsered suck. Specs are wrong, product offerings are not up to date, etc.
B. The distribution of models on the west coast was rumored to be different than those on the east coast.

At the end of the day the best thing to do is go to your dealer and ask what they can and cant get and hopefully you get a straight answer.

It was western US, vs Canada comaprison. I am not in the hunt for a new saw, was just curious about what was available on the top end of the Jonny red offering. I used to have a 920E, was a very nice saw, used it full time logging back in the early 80's in N. Wisc.

ive got a 2188 thats been to stumpys,love it! i have a 36" alaskan ,and found that runnin the 36 bar there was not enough oil. i made a aux oiler using 3"pvc some brass fittings and clear tubing,works great.i run a 32" bar for normal use. on the milling forum there was a 2188 milling thread and i put up pics of mine there.:msp_smile:

Back