Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Jonsered 535

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by Striker, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Striker

Striker ArboristSite Operative

Feb 21, 2003
    Went to the saw shop the other day to pick up some rolls of Carlton chain. On the floor next to the door sat a Jonsered 535. I pick it up and looked at it. The dealer told me that it would almost break your are pulling the cord, but when it started it was a nice running saw. I pulled the cord. Man does that saw have compression! Seems to need a compression release. Is this the nature of this saw to pull hard?What are the good points and bad points of the 535?

2. eyolf

eyolf Addicted to ArboristSite

May 5, 2001
    A lot of them old Jonsereds had a pretty small rope pulley in the rewind, so you didn't have very good leverage.

I happen to like Jonsered saws, so I'm not a particularly good reference help on bad points, but one problem seems to be that lots of parts are going obsolete/NLA.
    There are a few sources of old parts, mostly long-time dealers that still have stuff on the shelves and a collector or two, but When Electrolux bought 'em out and merged 'em into Husqvarna a few years back they must have also decided they were in the new saw business, not the business of keeping the old ones going.

<a href="http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/b634953de56c427788256b6a0001f66d?OpenDocument">here</a> is a link to a page describing that model on a neat chain saw site
  3. neely

neely Addicted to ArboristSite

Jul 4, 2015
    Is it possible to add a compression release valve on a jonsered 535 classic