jonsered 6000 bandsaw mill motor gets too much gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy Brown

Reaction score
I bought a Jonsered 6000 bandsaw mill a while back. I had used it some until the motor Cylinder (Jonsered 2095) got all scratched up (I attribute it to crappy fuel my neighbor put in it.)
I rebuilt it and started it . it ran great for a few minutes then quit. I notice gas dripping from the motor at the carb/intake area (though I can't exactly see where the leak is).
I removed the air cleaner and the intake horn was loaded up with gas and still dripping, so I disconnected the fuel line to get it to stop. the fuel tank is above the level of the carb.
does anyone know what might be going on with this motor?
thanks.

Not real familiar with a Jonsered band saw set up, but usually when the carb is leaking the needle is stuck open. Did you replace the carb diaphragms?
I did not do anything to the carb but check and clean the jets. the hi was very dirty. makes sense that the rest of the carb is same. thanks for the input. I am still trying to find carb parts and will replace when I do.

The diaphragms harden off from heat and exposure to fuel/alcohol. The inlet needle has a rubber tip that also wears and gets hard. If they have never been changed, that is probably the issue. Once you locate the kit and begin to replace the worn parts, pay attention to the order of the gaskets to the diaphragms.

The metering side gasket goes down first against the carb body, followed by the diaphragm and then the cover. On the pump side of the carb, the diaphragm goes down first, followed by the gasket and then the cover. Notice that they are different in their order.

You may also need to set the lever height when you replace the needle. The height specs should either be in the instructions of the kit or on the Tillotson Website under the carb number listed on the side of the casting.

Back