Jonsered 630/525 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 58% means that the total width of the exhaust port width plus the intake port width is 58% of the bore diameter?

No each port is figured separately and each can be up to 70% of the bore diameter. But there are also other limiting factors that have to be figured as well like; piston ring end placement, the distance from the finished port to the edge of the piston windows. Search and you will find acres of info on this subject in the archives. People like Brad Snelling, timberwolf, Jacob J, treeslinger etc. have posted miles of threads and pics of what to do and what not to do. Way better source of info than me. I'm just using their knowledge and trying to learn the ins and outs of porting/modding myself.

What Jred small cyl do you have on your 266XP? 625 or 630?

Jreds and Husky 266

I'm not sure. Its been a while since I put it on there. It came from the mechanic at Violet's Brook trading post in NS. He sent me a crank and the cyl and piston and cylinder to fix mine. I think I recall its a 48mm bore. Every thing bolted up.

I'm not sure. Its been a while since I put it on there. It came from the mechanic at Violet's Brook trading post in NS. He sent me a crank and the cyl and piston and cylinder to fix mine. I think I recall its a 48mm bore. Every thing bolted up.

Easy enough to tell. If you used your original carb it would be a 630. If he also sent you a carb that has a hose (external impulse line)on the top of the carb that plugs into the bottom of the cyl, it's 625. If you are thinking of porting this saw the 630 cyl would the best choice and would make the most power. Mine even ported to 58% turns 14,400 and four strokes steady. They are both 48MM 61cc but the 630 is closed port and the 625 is open port most like the 61 Husky.:cheers:

jreds 630 and Husky 266xp

Its a 630 then. I have a 272 cylinder/piston and manifold also, but its been a while since I thought about installing them. I believe with the correct manifold the 272 would work. But the saw has run well for some time, so I've left it alone.

OK Here's the deal with the Husky 61 metal handled clutch cover/chain break.
On close inspection on two different Jreds and the Husky 61; first it will bolt right on with the break, clutch and bar studs all in alignment. However the Jred top handle is shaped differently than the Husky and it seems to interfere slightly with the very top of the clutch cover on both Jreds I have. You may be able to space the cover off enough to eliminate this. Worst case is to cut the cover to the shape of the original Jred cover. This can be easily accomplished by simply following the backside of the sawdust deflector and sawing this back part of the Husky cover away. The 630 I have with the Husky cover was a real beat work saw when it came to me (free) missing parts and nonrunning. The cover was just broken off (like with a hammer!!) so I cleaned it up on a wood cutting bandsaw and painted it red. Now I can assume the previous owner just beat the metal away until it fit. I put a new Meteor piston in this saw and ported it to about 58% and it runs and work perfectly now. Good luck with your cover, you'll see what I mean when you go to put it on the saw. Again you may be able to space it off enough to overcome this interference. It comes real close to clearing and may on your saw as my handles may have been bent slightly or not.

I was told by a jred dealer that the later jred 670's (champ) with the plastic brake handle (same as the one on your aftermarket) had a different top handle. Also they had the newer style muffler as the old style (early 670) would eventually melt the newer style brake handle.

Well guys, I got the husky 61 chain brake and cover in the mail the other day. Went out to fit it on this morning....... It fits!!! No cutting or trimming required. fitted pefectly, works perfectly and i'm happy! I can use it now! A big thank you to you all for all the great help and knowledge. :bowdown: Its helped massively. No doubt you'll hear from me again!

I was told by a jred dealer that the later jred 670's (champ) with the plastic brake handle (same as the one on your aftermarket) had a different top handle. Also they had the newer style muffler as the old style (early 670) would eventually melt the newer style brake handle.

That makes sense, the older deflectors did have two holes that pointed to right where the brake handle was. Didn't know about the different top handle though.

Well guys, I got the husky 61 chain brake and cover in the mail the other day. Went out to fit it on this morning....... It fits!!! No cutting or trimming required. fitted pefectly, works perfectly and i'm happy! I can use it now! A big thank you to you all for all the great help and knowledge. :bowdown: Its helped massively. No doubt you'll hear from me again!

Excellent!!!! Nice you didn't have to alter the cover!!!! Good luck and have fun!!!

Back