jonsered 630

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kallaste

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just aquired a 630 electolux and have performed a search on this sight. I also tried to biring up the chainsaw collectors sight but it must be down or i have the wrong address. What is the max& minimum:deadhorse: bar length that can be used. What is the cc rating of this saw, and what is the saws weight with an 18 in bar. I am mixing at a rate of 50:1 amsoil, is this ok? what years were they produced. I am going to use this saw for the 12" and under logs as my 455 husky gets a bit heavy by the end of the day and I dont always need the 24" bar thats on it. Thanks in advance Steve..

The 630 is a 61.5 cc saw which is more displacement than your 455 and should be stronger if setup right. It was advertized to run from a 15 to a 24" bar and weigh 13.6 lbs without the bar although I think it would be best with a 20". The Amsoil Saber oil at 50:1 will probably work ok although many here will recommend something else like Mobil M2XT at 32:1 if you want a full synthetic. That's what I've switched to. Do a search for the 630 and for Amsoil and you'll get quite a bit of information. You can find the chainsaw collectors corner at acresinternet.com.

If you seek the chainsaw collectors forum, it is no longer at Samlaren. we moved. I will send you the link privately if you'd like to visit.

The Jonsered 630 should have way more power than the 455, plus it should also weigh a bit more than the Husky. I'd say that the smaller bar should go on the Husky and the longer one should go on the 630.

I think they were essentially made from the late 80's to the late 90's. When sawtroll catches this thread, he will give you some accurate info.

ive got a jonsered 630 super and a husqvarna 55 (like the 455 but older) the 630 jonsered has more weight and power than the 55 husqvarna. my 55 has a 16" bar and i run a 20" on the 630. your 630 should smoke the 455 i know mine does. good luck with your new saw

My FIL has a 630, I havent had his saw and my 359 side by side but the 630 felt like it may be lighter. He has put some serious time on that saw since he bought it. The other week we were at his place and he was dicing up a little wood for the camp fire. He hasn't done anything to the saw but when he was running it it sounded like a real strong running saw. I would kind of like to see how my 359 would do against it because the 630 was rated at like 4.6 hp and my 359 at 3.9hp but my 359 has been warmed up a little so it would be interesting.

Buck

spike60 said:
... I think they were essentially made from the late 80's to the late 90's. When sawtroll catches this thread, he will give you some accurate info.
1982 to 1997 according to CSCC. I believe it is pretty accurate.
There is a misprint at CSCC regarding power output, it should read 3.1 kW, which is about 4.2 hp.

The 630 was based on the Husky 162 SE, and made at the Husky factory, as far as I know.

Latest posts

Back