Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
llwilliam, post: 6096947, member: 66740"]Interesting conversation about thin rings. I've never seen thin rings in Husky or Jonny, though I used to run both brands. A lot. On the other hand, the two saws I've run more than any other individual saws are/ were both thin-ring Pioneers. No ring related problems, other than they don't last forever. I just rebuilt (again) one I've used for 35 years, and it's going strong.

Glad to see you guys like the Ultra, since that's what I'm using these days at 40:1. Glad I'm doing something right.

Merry Christmas![/QUOTE]

Hey Jack!
I tend to think now that I know saws inside better than back in the day:cheers:...Robin's view that perhaps a lot of the thin ring failure probably was a result of like 16:1 mixes is spot on. Most of my workmates ran 40:1 Power Punch, but there were others that had 'better' ideas and ran mixes like 16:1. And if you read some of the old oil threads, that same dinosaur thinking continues even today;that more is always better. The Husky thin ring 2100 had a bad rep on the shows I worked for. Mostly because they wouldn't last the season. They'd probably be fine today on Ultra....but I never saw the advantage of them back then. I didn't have any fallin' competitors that were exactly runnin' circles around me using one....lol.

The guys that worked in saw shops in the PNW back in the day:cheers:.....could certainly answer what the thin ring Huskies looked like when they were opened up inside.....and what oil mixes that were used the most. Like the dude on youtube called the chainsaw guy/shop talk. He claims he's worked on over 200,000 chainsaws. Hid vids are great, no BS, just the saws themselves. I've been tempted to call him for info, but I know every f**ktard in the world has called him for free advice.....I don't want to be one of those people. He has a shop in a small loggin' town on the Oregon coast.....or did....don't know if he retired by now. Myrtle Creek, OR.

Kevin

I'm having an "I Suck" moment, but I gotta share/gloat, do a little dance, carry on, whatever.....picked these five parts boxes yesterday down in New Hamshire......the guy was so happy to get rid of them he threw in the tote, chock full of NOS stuff too!!! Told him I'd help him out and get them out of his way......I always try to be helpful when I can.......

Ron and parts 009.JPG Ron and parts 011.JPG Ron and parts 014.JPG Ron and parts 015.JPG

I'm having an "I Suck" moment, but I gotta share/gloat, do a little dance, carry on, whatever.....picked these five parts boxes yesterday down in New Hamshire......the guy was so happy to get rid of them he threw in the tote, chock full of NOS stuff too!!! Told him I'd help him out and get them out of his way......I always try to be helpful when I can.......

View attachment 546609 View attachment 546610 View attachment 546611 View attachment 546612

OMFG, Robin!!!! THAT IS INSANE!!!

I have nightmare type dreams like this where I get really close to getting dealer vintage chainsaw booty and I break a leg or get in a car crash etc, etc....lol.

Yes and I know you were just doin' your 'good citizen duty' to relieve him of all that 'junk'...lol!! You'd better be doin' some kinda dance.........:happybanana:

Kevin

OMFG, Robin!!!! THAT IS INSANE!!!

I have nightmare type dreams like this where I get really close to getting dealer vintage chainsaw booty and I break a leg or get in a car crash etc, etc....lol.

Yes and I know you were just doin' your 'good citizen duty' to relieve him of all that 'junk'...lol!! You'd better be doin' some kinda dance.........:happybanana:

Kevin

This gives me seven of these cases now!! But in all fairness not all the parts are Jonsereds......there are some Homelite, Mac and Stihl parts and other items that I have no clue about.......lot of Jonsered and Stihl whacker parts too, but the vast majority are NOS Jonsereds saw parts and a few Jonsered/Husky parts too... It will take days going through this stuff and weeding out the foreign items and consolidating the good stuff...then going through stacks of cardboard boxes that I already have and adding those to these in the proper bins.....paid $40 per box with two levels of mostly full parts bins.....he threw the tote full of NOS parts in for free........OOOoooooh I suck Soooo badddd!!!!!

This gives me seven of these cases now!! But in all fairness not all the parts are Jonsereds......there are some Homelite, Mac and Stihl parts and other items that I have no clue about.......lot of Jonsered and Stihl whacker parts too, but the vast majority are NOS Jonsereds saw parts and a few Jonsered/Husky parts too... It will take days going through this stuff and weeding out the foreign items and consolidating the good stuff...then going through stacks of cardboard boxes that I already have and adding those to these in the proper bins.....paid $40 per box with two levels of mostly full parts bins.....he threw the tote full of NOS parts in for free........OOOoooooh I suck Soooo badddd!!!!!

Yes, you so SUCK, buddy....lol!

And hey, if the parts sorting gets to be too much, I sort for free....except don't expect them back anytime soon........

Kevin

View attachment 546609 View attachment 546610 View attachment 546611 View attachment 546612

This is almost beyond "you suck". Lol!

index.php

Kevin

Spent all yesterday afternoon sorting/combining parts......weeded out the foreign and whacker parts...quite a few....about 3/4 of that tote full....lot of good stuff but I haven't a clue yet as to what they all are......lots more familiar parts for red saws and orange/red saws...some real nice rare stuff like many points sets and a complete ign for a 521E....both the module and spark coil....plus a heated handle switch for a 451EV......had to find parts!!! Looks like I have a lot of Jonsered whacker/clearing saw parts...gears, a gear box, bearings etc. Never even seen a Jonsereds whacker in person though I have IPLS for one powered by a 52E and another powered by a 621....now that be a real wacker!!!!

Spent all yesterday afternoon sorting/combining parts......weeded out the foreign and whacker parts...quite a few....about 3/4 of that tote full....lot of good stuff but I haven't a clue yet as to what they all are......lots more familiar parts for red saws and orange/red saws...some real nice rare stuff like many points sets and a complete ign for a 521E....both the module and spark coil....plus a heated handle switch for a 451EV......had to find parts!!! Looks like I have a lot of Jonsered whacker/clearing saw parts...gears, a gear box, bearings etc. Never even seen a Jonsereds whacker in person though I have IPLS for one powered by a 52E and another powered by a 621....now that be a real wacker!!!!

Well yeah, that 621 whacker would be a brute for sure...really heavy though in that application. By chance did you get that 80/90/910 unobtainium AV mount for the full-wrap back to the clutch side case?

Kevin

Back