Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they fit exactly, or do you cut some? Source?

Kevin

They fit exactly as the OEM does. I had been watching some on ebay but they wanted $4.30 a piece plus shipping.
I posted a link here a while back.
They finally put a OBO on the add and I snagged them all for $12 to my door.

I went back to page 277 of this thread and you talk about buying a lot from some guy in Erie, PA....no link that I can see. It would seem you're just trolling eBay for them and buying wherever? Also was some discussion from another member who had bought the same filters, only to see one shed enough fiber in six months to clog his carb.

You also mic-ed the new lot from Erie for me and Tim found some for Homelites(I think) that were just a tad long, but OD & ID correct.

Kevin

I went back to page 277 of this thread and you talk about buying a lot from some guy in Erie, PA....no link that I can see. It would seem you're just trolling eBay for them and buying wherever? Also was some discussion from another member who had bought the same filters, only to see one shed enough fiber in six months to clog his carb.

You also mic-ed the new lot from Erie for me and Tim found some for Homelites(I think) that were just a tad long, but OD & ID correct.

Kevin

They always did that........not really sure how the fibers go through the sintered bronze filter, but they did.....odd but never have seen any dirt or crap in the carb filter....just filter fuzz.....I got one of those in that latest parts lot.....better than nothing....I like them.

They always did that........not really sure how the fibers go through the sintered bronze filter, but they did.....odd but never have seen any dirt or crap in the carb filter....just filter fuzz.....I got one of those in that latest parts lot.....better than nothing....I like them.

That is so odd.....no dirt or crud, but filter fibers. I've never seen that in all the hrs/yrs...maybe it's because I go into a carb twice a yr if the saw is used a lot...dunno. Husky 2100 filter was a plastic screen laminate affair, but had felt if you wanted to use it. Countless hrs on those with no fiber. But then they didn't have the sintered bronze part. I wonder on the J'reds if they somehow went in above or below the sintered bronze part....just don't see how they could go through it.

Kevin

That is so odd.....no dirt or crud, but filter fibers. I've never seen that in all the hrs/yrs...maybe it's because I go into a carb twice a yr if the saw is used a lot...dunno. Husky 2100 filter was a plastic screen laminate affair, but had felt if you wanted to use it. Countless hrs on those with no fiber. But then they didn't have the sintered bronze part. I wonder on the J'reds if they somehow went in above or below the sintered bronze part....just don't see how they could go through it.

Kevin

Yes I know......I've always found it odd too. My original 49 has clogged the carb filter probably 4 times in 39 years.....always the same white fibers.......not a biggie once you figure it what is leaning out an otherwise nice running saw. Easy fix on the 49, don't have to remove the carb even, just pop the top cover, clean the screen and put it back together. I have had parts saws show up with the carb filters completely packed solid with filter fuzz. I have no idea how it gets through the bronze filter.......seems impossible.....and yet it clearly isn't....

Well...well...well...bought something on ebay a couple days age....paid dearly (as in way more than their actual worth)....however not the "end of the World expensive" .....they are really quite rare to find offered and solve a major issue for us owners of larger true Jonsereds saws and are correct in length, shape etc. as they are used OEM......I can now see my 910E sporting that brand new 32" Cannon Super Bar in large Husky mount that's been sitting around a year or two......fits in nicely with the new NOS rear handle AV limiter I picked up a while back. As the add correctly stated these were only offered on the very late models of 830 and 930 Supers......when those models went out of production, everything (larger saws) went to the large Husky mount...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322388895951?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Well...well...well...bought something on ebay a couple days age....paid dearly (as in way more than their actual worth)....however not the "end of the World expensive" .....they are really quite rare to find offered and solve a major issue for us owners of larger true Jonsereds saws and are correct in length, shape etc. as they are used OEM......I can now see my 910E sporting that brand new 32" Cannon Super Bar in large Husky mount that's been sitting around a year or two......fits in nicely with the new NOS rear handle AV limiter I picked up a while back. As the add correctly stated these were only offered on the very late models of 830 and 930 Supers......when those models went out of production, everything (larger saws) went to the large Husky mount...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322388895951?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Sweet! I didn't know they ever made those. Lucky find indeed! I probably skimmed right over them and didn't realize what they were.

Sweet! I didn't know they ever made those. Lucky find indeed! I probably skimmed right over them and didn't realize what they were.

I don't think I've ever seen a set on ebay.....or in real life either for that matter but had heard about them from a discussion I had with ModifiedMark quite a while ago.....

Man, you paid dearly for $2 worth of machined steel. But yeah, they are RARE! I can't remember when I saw the last pair slip through the bay.

You'd pay a machinist way more than that to make them.....so look at it that way...lol.

Kevin

Man, you paid dearly for $2 worth of machined steel. But yeah, they are RARE! I can't remember when I saw the last pair slip through the bay.

You'd pay a machinist way more than that to make them.....so look at it that way...lol.

Kevin
I did Kevin..........and then I weighed the cost against the new Cannon 32" that I won.............seemed like a nobrainer .....long bar cheep 'nuff with enough power to actually run it!!!

But yeah........way more than they are worth compared to mass produced straight studs........but as an old girlfriend once said........a correct sized stud is worth whatever it costs........I don't think she was talking about me......as I was quite cheep LOL!!!

I did Kevin..........and then I weighed the cost against the new Cannon 32" that I won.............seemed like a nobrainer .....long bar cheep 'nuff with enough power to actually run it!!!

But yeah........way more than they are worth compared to mass produced straight studs........but as an old girlfriend once said........a correct sized stud is worth whatever it costs........I don't think she was talking about me......as I was quite cheep LOL!!!

FWIW, I just found these in that dusty old box of Jonsered parts from the dealer. Probably some other goodies in there.

They fit nicely in a 009 mount.

View attachment 550891

I've got a new 32" GB bar stuffed away I need to get it out and fit it to my 910 or 920. They both sport 24" now but would be nice to have a just in case bar.

Back