Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin!!! Speaking of RARE and "SPENSIVE.........here ya go.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-NOS...683664?hash=item1c7a582e50:g:LJcAAOSw5cNYep88

WOW! I think that's the Canadian guy with all the OE J'reds parts. I'd have to go back and see if it's him. Truly pandering to collectors now....80% of J'reds owners don't even know what that mount's for...lol!!

He said he had some of them...didn't know what they were for....wouldn't believe me when I told him....talked to an 'expert' and then he had a revelation..lol.

A couple of yrs ago when I bought that 910E parts group on eBay, I told the lady running the auctions about that mount...she threw one in the deal for free. I don't wanna even think how many wound up in the landfills.

I was correct...it is the same guy with all the NOS J'reds parts. He still owes me some parts he hasn't sent....but he's been waiting to have me send him pics of more parts I want. I'm gonna pull the plug on that....he's working with the 'big leagues' now...lol.

Kevin

Nice looking saw. Sporting the silver tag, early fuel cap and brake flag. 630?

Is that a custom spike? Kinda looks like OEM, but inverted.

Green grass. I haven't seen that in awhile. Been down to -16 Celcius or so every night now for the past 2 months it seems.

Nice looking saw. Sporting the silver tag, early fuel cap and brake flag. 630?

Is that a custom spike? Kinda looks like OEM, but inverted.
Yes it's a 630, I built 4 jonsereds with this chassis.I really don't know much about things like the spike,every time I built one of these I used what I could find that I knew would work,This saw has a 630 super 2 single ring windowed piston,The carb is a 225 tillitson,base gasket delete,and duel port muffler,The other saws have a mixed bag of parts on them also.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good piston option for a jred 451e, I've heard that jred 455 piston will work but was thinking maybe there is an upgrade possibility? There has got to be some options in a 42 mm

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good piston option for a jred 451e, I've heard that jred 455 piston will work but was thinking maybe there is an upgrade possibility? There has got to be some options in a 42 mm

I did a little looking and the 455 is a later clamshell style engine. No way the cylinder will ever work on a 451. As far as other options I do not know.

Rebuilt a 451EV a few months back and used an aftermarket piston for a husky 242. Its the same style windowed piston for a closed port cylinder and almost identical. It was a few thou shorter--pin to crown--and changed squish from .028 to .034. Worked well !

Rebuilt a 451EV a few months back and used an aftermarket piston for a husky 242. Its the same style windowed piston for a closed port cylinder and almost identical. It was a few thou shorter--pin to crown--and changed squish from .028 to .034. Worked well !

Interesting. I had a 45 once with a scored cylinder. If I had known about the 242 piston I would have tried to see if the cylinder would have cleaned up. I gave that saw away to another member who had a 45 with a busted up crankcase and a good top end. The 45's were known for having crankcase troubles where the rear handle attached so they came out with the 451 witch was the same saw only they beefed up that spot on the crankcase.

Thanks, not even sure if I'll need it yet, saw will be here Monday, I would imagine a base gasket delete would cover the .006 and then some!

Back