Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leeha is "Uncle Lee's" user name.

Aaaahhh well then of course I have in fact met Uncl lee!!! I've been to his house even......that man has a LOT of chainsaws....if he didn't have parts then he would surely have some ideas where they might be found!

Ya i'm still on top of the grass fella's, How's things Robin. Getting any snow up your way yet.

As for the Raket XF, I only have one of those and it came from Germany. They weren't sold
here in the states that I know of. They were very popular in Europe. I know of some collectors
in Sweden that have several. I would try joining chainsaw collectors forum. It's a site dedicated
to vintage chainsaws and put up a wanted add. I bet you will probably get some response.

Lee

Ya i'm still on top of the grass fella's, How's things Robin. Getting any snow up your way yet.

As for the Raket XF, I only have one of those and it came from Germany. They weren't sold
here in the states that I know of. They were very popular in Europe. I know of some collectors
in Sweden that have several. I would try joining chainsaw collectors forum. It's a site dedicated
to vintage chainsaws and put up a wanted add. I bet you will probably get some response.

Lee

Thanks, Lee. I'm about 30 minutes ahead of you. Another member suggested the same forum so I signed up and posted a thread. Thanks,

Scott

Lee

Hey Lee.......We had some but every time it starts snowing it turns to rain.....bare ground right now but a wintry mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain starting tonight and running the next 2-3 days. Kinda poor for winter activities.....

Here's a 90........it looks real low hour to me.......in pretty good shape over all.....needs AF cover and top cover......he says it needs bearings...perhaps it does but I can't see how from the looks of the rest of the saw. To high priced IMHO especially with the shipping which seems high but I remember when I shipped Dean's 90 back to him it was like $43 with insurance/tracking and that was without a B&C. But a good project if it were a bit cheaper.....it may not sell and return a bit cheaper...who knows, worth watching for someone wanting a 90 project.....I've seen lots worse looking 90's for sale....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsered-Mo...626395?hash=item41bcb18b5b:g:jW4AAOSw9GhYiUUH

Here's a 90........it looks real low hour to me.......in pretty good shape over all.....needs AF cover and top cover......he says it needs bearings...perhaps it does but I can't see how from the looks of the rest of the saw. To high priced IMHO especially with the shipping which seems high but I remember when I shipped Dean's 90 back to him it was like $43 with insurance/tracking and that was without a B&C. But a good project if it were a bit cheaper.....it may not sell and return a bit cheaper...who knows, worth watching for someone wanting a 90 project.....I've seen lots worse looking 90's for sale....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsered-Mo...626395?hash=item41bcb18b5b:g:jW4AAOSw9GhYiUUH

I agree....I question his bearing "grow"(growl). Would be a great project 90 if you could get it to your door for $175. His shipping reflects his time and boxing I bet. I also bet it doesn't sell. Buyers are starting to get a little savvy about the cost of NLA parts. Unless you've got a cheap source, you're gonna get dinged for parts like that...approaching the initial price of the saw. I guess that's OK if you keep the saw, but poisonous if you're thinking of flipping it. $45 should be the limit for shipping...anything above that makes heavy stuff unattractive to buy. You can't ignore shipping costs on saws anymore...they've gotten too high.

Anyway....looks original and all there except for the broken parts. I've certainly seen worse 90's go through the bay. Goodly amount of paint left. No credit to Acres for cut & pasting specs off his site....not cool.

Kevin

I agree....I question his bearing "grow"(growl). Would be a great project 90 if you could get it to your door for $175. His shipping reflects his time and boxing I bet. I also bet it doesn't sell. Buyers are starting to get a little savvy about the cost of NLA parts. Unless you've got a cheap source, you're gonna get dinged for parts like that...approaching the initial price of the saw. I guess that's OK if you keep the saw, but poisonous if you're thinking of flipping it. $45 should be the limit for shipping...anything above that makes heavy stuff unattractive to buy. You can't ignore shipping costs on saws anymore...they've gotten too high.

Anyway....looks original and all there except for the broken parts. I've certainly seen worse 90's go through the bay. Goodly amount of paint left. No credit to Acres for stealing specs off his site....not cool.

Kevin

Not sure why Jonsereds parts are so dear. It's almost as bad as buying current parts from the Stihl dealer

Not sure why Jonsereds parts are so dear. It's almost as bad as buying current parts from the Stihl dealer

I know, right?!

As fanciers of J'red saws now, we need to remain cognizant of the fact that all our NLA pieces to make these saws whole again are gonna COST. So.......your $75-$175 J'reds eBay 'deal' may cost another $100+ in cosmetic and AV parts alone, just to get the saw looking good again and working properly.

I sometimes curse myself for all the J'reds parts I've bought over the yrs and have not used yet. But looking at this trend of NLA parts pricing, maybe it's a blessing after all...lol!

Kevin

I know, right?!

As fanciers of J'red saws now, we need to remain cognizant of the fact that all our NLA pieces to make these saws whole again are gonna COST. So.......your $75-$175 J'reds eBay 'deal' may cost another $100+ in cosmetic and AV parts alone, just to get the saw looking good again and working properly.

I sometimes curse myself for all the J'reds parts I've bought over the yrs and have not used yet. But looking at this trend of NLA parts pricing, maybe it's a blessing after all...lol!

Kevin

Your retirement fund

Where are you finding your NLA parts? I need a few things for my Raket XF, but not sure where to look, besides eBay.
Scott

Full price at sawagain or Scott at chainsawr....but mostly off eBay and buying donor saws. For that XF you could post on the 'wanted' section of AS....maybe you'd snag someone there......not gonna cost anything but time.

Your retirement fund

I wished...lol!!

Kevin

Just added another Jonsered Raket to my modest collection -- this one is a Raket 62. Should be here in a week or so. Said to be a runner. Looks complete. One question - the hand guard screwed to the top cover - does that look like an original Jonsered piece? The other 62's I have seen don't have this.

Sweet! Does have compression & run?

Kevin

It's said to be a good runner, so it's got to have at least some compression.

According to the acres site, it's 56 cc, only made from 1969 - 1970. Neat little saw.

@SawTroll seems to know a bit about these; he posted about one in an older thread.

It's said to be a good runner, so it's got to have at least some compression.

According to the acres site, it's 56 cc, only made from 1969 - 1970. Neat little saw.

Don't be afraid if you do a comp check and you only see 150PSI or so. They can roar like grizzly bears with that PSI. Be nice if everyone's old J'reds was sitting @200PSI, but they're not.

Kevin

Back