Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love my 920! Fun saws to run! Is that a custom made brake flag? Would love to find a new! Metal flag setup for my 910.
20170304_232619.jpg
Yes I didn't have the choice because I couldn't find one since about 6 month and now I can really use it after rebuilt : seals , every fuels hose , piston etc Totaly agree with you with this saw , strong runner

Anybody know the dimensions for the flywheel side oil seal for a 2051/2054/2055? PN is 503 26 0210. I see them available some places, but I cannot for the life of me find the dimensions. Saw is down getting ported and I want to ship replacements to Jim....

While searching for parts for my XF Raket, I came across an XD Raket (85 cc, '58-'62) and an XH Raket (85 cc, '63 - '65, I think). Should be here by the end of next week.

They showed up a few days ago. The XH was GRIMY! Took it apart as far as I could without having to replace any gaskets. Took me several hours, but there was a pretty nice saw hiding under all the grime. Fairly unmolested, too. Haven't started it yet; needs another pull cord and I don't have one in the right size here. Appears to share the same muffler with the XF, and maybe the recoil/starter assembly, too. Also has a removable cylinder head like the XF.
IMG_6957.JPGIMG_6960.JPG

The XD looks like it was hardly used! Original paint in excellent condition. Haven't touched it yet; will start on it soon.

Of all the pure Jonsereds, the 66E was the biggest disappointment to me. The weight and bulk of the 70E with the power of a 621. I still wonder what its true intent was. I suspect it was to replace the 621 (black cover and electronic ignition which the 621 never received) and possibly a cost saving measure by building two saws on one platform like the 90/801.

Of all the pure Jonsereds, the 66E was the biggest disappointment to me. The weight and bulk of the 70E with the power of a 621. I still wonder what its true intent was. I suspect it was to replace the 621 (black cover and electronic ignition which the 621 never received) and possibly a cost saving measure by building two saws on one platform like the 90/801.

I have never actually run a 66E but PB always maintained they were real doggy.....I have three or four parts saws that I bought under the impression they were 70Es....I believe you're right about possible the 621 replacement as the P&C are very close in design to that of the 621. The 66E actually has one more cooling fin than the 70E, with fin placement/spacing being closer together similar to the 52/52E, 621, 80, 90 and 111s....with 70E fin spacing farther apart similar to the 49SP and the more modern saws. I would expect the 66E to be a strong saw though just as heavy as the 70E....but I guess that was not the case....be interesting to see if they would respond to some serious porting and port timing changes....as the P&C are very nicely made....probably get it up almost to the power of a 70E...LOL!!!

Fellas -

I have a Raket 621 in the mail; should be here in week or two. Can anyone share their thoughts/experience with this model?

thanks,

Scott

If I was to offer a reasonable Jonsered 90 for sale what could I expect to get say on Ebay?

In Oct. I paid 275 for an 80 with a 90 top end
It had a pic of piston and compression test
I did check compression and run vac/press good saw
I would not have paid that much if it had not been from someone who new to reply to ?
now I try to buy from people on this site ... if I have to buy on ebay I don't think of any saw as a runner
More like a pig and a poke

Honestly, I like my 80/90 better than my 111S.....

....I like it better than my other 111S, too. ;)

Buying from members is the way to go.

Well it's a more useable saw......not really any heavier than a 90 or 80 for that matter.......the 111S is an awesome saw but needs to have a purpose for use.....like three foot and up dia. wood...you're not going to use a 111S bucking up 12-16" wood......Love my 111S.....but use it very little.

I do pretty good buying these old saws off ebay.......you develop an eye to the wear points and the overall "look" of a used Jonsereds....I have only bought a couple runners off ebay.........I look for the low hr. broken ones.......it doesn't always end well for me....but I rarely pay more than what the worst case scenario is worth and frequently I am pleasantly surprised......and if not...parts is parts as they say....

Latest posts

Back