Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 920/930 (and 820/830) share the ignition system with the Husqvarna 281/288.

Thanks, Eric....I thought Bob (spike60) said there was something else off the Huskies that they shared. I rewatched his Part II video......I bet he mentioned that in the Part I vid.

*Note...just re-watched Bob's video AGAIN (the very first part) and he does say the ignition on the 920 is two part and shared with the Husky 288....my bad! (I assume the 930 is the same.)

Kevin

Heard from the guy with the 910 -- he wants 275 euro (almost $300 US) + shipping, so this would be about a $335 saw if I was to pick it up. What's the going rate on one of these back in the states?

Scott

A nice low hr 910 here with all original parts and no issues could fetch $400+ on Ebay on a good day. Certainly no less than $330 if anyone is watching. So that price over there is certainly not any kind of screaming deal....depends on how badly you want the 910. Don't pay that for a 920 though...if you like the Partner handle style on the 930, then yes on the 930. As stated in my post above, the 920 was the dog of the three.....although not really a dog in the traditional 'bad saw' sense, just not as powerful as the other two.

I would think the 111S is a real RARE bird over there. It was purpose built for the PNW in mind....I doubt many had any use over there other than a home sawmill.

Keep in mind there are a disputed number of prototype 910E's over there that are 100cc. You talk about a Holy Grail saw, THAT is it!! And from what I understand, none made it to NA.

Kevin

A nice low hr 910 here with all original parts and no issues could fetch $400+ on Ebay on a good day. Certainly no less than $330 if anyone is watching. So that price over there is certainly not any kind of screaming deal....depends on how badly you want the 910. Don't pay that for a 920 though...if you like the Partner handle style on the 930, then yes on the 930. As stated in my post above, the 920 was the dog of the three.....although not really a dog in the traditional 'bad saw' sense, just not as powerful as the other two.

I would think the 111S is a real RARE bird over there. It was purpose built for the PNW in mind....I doubt many had any use over there other than a home sawmill.

Keep in mind there are a disputed number of prototype 910E's over there that are 100cc. You talk about a Holy Grail saw, THAT is it!! And from what I understand, none made it to NA.

Kevin

Kevin -

Thanks for the info. Sounds like an ok deal; I'm going to pass. Hopefully one will pop up for small money at some point in the next year. We're headed back to the states in July 2018.

Still trying to find a 111, but they're quite rare here.

Scott

Kevin -

Thanks for the info. Sounds like an ok deal; I'm going to pass. Hopefully one will pop up for small money at some point in the next year. We're headed back to the states in July 2018.

Still trying to find a 111, but they're quite rare here.

Scott

Scott,
You're in a better position than any of us here perhaps to hunt down info on the prototype 100cc 910E; does it really exist, how many were made etc, etc.

Sounds like in Europe the same sorta thing is going on as here....collectors are slowly driving up the prices of vintage chainsaws. I posted the links earlier of a couple of crazy priced J'reds saws on criagslist...doesn't mean they'll get those prices....in fact I'm guessing they will not, but it sure illustrates the rising trend in pricing vintage saws.

If you could score a decent priced 111S over there, that would be a real feather in your hat!

Kevin

Looking to replace crank seals on my two 111S'. (thinking about prepping them for possible sale) Would prefer to use serviceable NOS 504 14 62-00, or at least bare metal sidewall seals, as opposed to the fully rubber encased current offerings.

Would also prefer to support a member instead of some random Ebay seller.....

Scott,
You're in a better position than any of us here perhaps to hunt down info on the prototype 100cc 910E; does it really exist, how many were made etc, etc.

Sounds like in Europe the same sorta thing is going on as here....collectors are slowly driving up the prices of vintage chainsaws. I posted the links earlier of a couple of crazy priced J'reds saws on criagslist...doesn't mean they'll get those prices....in fact I'm guessing they will not, but it sure illustrates the rising trend in pricing vintage saws.

If you could score a decent priced 111S over there, that would be a real feather in your hat!

Kevin

Kevin -

Prices are generally better here, but it's more about the strong dollar and some weak European currencies, I think. Best deals right now seem to be in Sweden -- dollar is doing well against the Swedish krona.

Scott

Kevin -

Prices are generally better here, but it's more about the strong dollar and some weak European currencies, I think. Best deals right now seem to be in Sweden -- dollar is doing well against the Swedish krona.

Scott

Scott,
Since Sweden is the 'mother country' for our favorite saws.....what's the vintage saw market like there as far as finding older models? I was told when Elux bought out J'reds that records were lost/destroyed (about the time they moved to the Partner plant), so there isn't going to be much data out there on our saws. Be nice to know like total production #'s on the 111S and more about the 100cc 910E prototype for example.

Kevin

Scott,
Since Sweden is the 'mother country' for our favorite saws.....what's the vintage saw market like there as far as finding older models? I was told when Elux bought out J'reds that records were lost/destroyed (about the time they moved to the Partner plant), so there isn't going to be much data out there on our saws. Be nice to know like total production #'s on the 111S and more about the 100cc 910E prototype for example.

Kevin

Kevin -

I think I have 13 Jonsereds. Of those, about 11 came from Sweden. All have been used a bit, but none are completely roached.

Haven't found anyone with historical info/data on the 111S or the 910E, but if I do find out anything, I'll post it here.

Scott

Kevin -

I think I have 13 Jonsereds. Of those, about 11 came from Sweden. All have been used a bit, but none are completely roached.

Haven't found anyone with historical info/data on the 111S or the 910E, but if I do find out anything, I'll post it here.

Scott

Scott,
Lol...I guess that answers my first question...11 came from Sweden, the 'mother country'!

Kevin

It's a runner! The green XB showed up a few days ago. Not sure what they were cutting with it in rural northern Sweden, but whatever it was, it was full of sap! Got it kind of cleaned up and just for sh*ts and giggles, I primed the carb tried to start it. Actually ran for a few seconds. However, couldn't get it to run again after that. Based on what I'm seeing from my ignition tester, it looks like I'm getting intermittent spark. I have four Stihl Contra's in a million pieces, so can't really do another teardown at this point. Compression was fairly weak, too -- around 105 psi. Hoping it's because of a stuck ring and it will loosen up with a bit of running.

Also had a 60 and a 601 show up as well. These got a real quick cleaning and went on the shelf for a more detailed triage and cleaning later. Both of these need bars, so if anyone has a vintage bar for sale, please pm me. You can see that the 60 and 601 are fairly similar, but they're not identical. They have different top covers, the recoil/fan covers are different, and the 601 has two triggers.

EDIT - one more difference -- the 601 has a larger clutch cover. The bottom rear portion is extended to cover more of the saw. I have the incorrect 60 clutch cover on my 601. If anyone has a spare 601 clutch cover they want to sell (or swap for a 60) please let me know.

Scott

2017-04-25 19.56.23.jpg 2017-04-25 19.56.52.jpg 2017-04-25 19.55.50.jpg 2017-04-25 19.55.03.jpg

Some are, yes. I think the rear handle buffer mount is different....clutch cover plate different....bar plates the same. I don't know if it's worth buying to feed your 80/90 but probably an OK deal to feed another 70E.

Kevin
Good to know ... I paid $25 for a rear handle because I needed interior av mount .... Can't run it without tho
I like saw so I should find parts before it's to late on the plus side I have a spare black plastic hand guard

I think a lot of the Swedish muscle saws were popular logging back in day that most were used up along with the parts. I think that's why parts are almost impossible to find.

Back